With steadily growing sample volumes and new options for molecular biology experiments, the requirements for quantitative real-time PCR are changing. The transition to the multiwell format with 384 samples opens up new application areas in gene expression, mutation analysis, and diagnostics.
The qTOWER3 84 includes all of the strengths of the qTOWER3 product family and transfers its precise performance to the 384 well high-throughput format. The proven high-performance optics have been expanded to 16 fibers and enable an ultra-fast read-out time of just 6 seconds for a complete 348 well plate – regardless of the number of filters used. Here, too, the system benefits from the complete flexibility of freely configurable filter equipment, allowing it to be adapted to any application. The innovative light source with four different-colored LEDs also enables read-outs of very small sample volumes, which play an increasingly important role in the high-throughput format along with existing factors like speed and experimental precision.
The high-quality aluminum block guarantees precise, accurate conductivity combined with unmatched temperature uniformity across the entire sample set. A peerless feature of the qTOWER³ 84 G is the gradient over a total of 24 columns, which can be programmed using the proven Linear Gradient Tool. The license-free, comprehensive qPCRsoft package completes the system, and a detailed analysis can be easily obtained even in the 384 well format thanks to analysis algorithms which are already integrated.
High-Performance System for High Throughput
The qTOWER³ 84 achieves the next level of a powerful DNA detection system by increasing qPCR throughput while simultaneously miniaturizing individual reactions.
The centerpiece of the device is extremely precise and reliable temperature control, together with optical signal recognition for all 384 samples that are used for qualitative and quantitative DNA characterization. The proven fiber-optic shuttle system in the qTOWER³ has been perfectly adapted to the 384 well format and expanded to 16 scanning fibers. In combination with an outstanding, long-life source of light from four different LEDs, an extremely fast read-out of the fluorescences in just six seconds is guaranteed for a complete 384 well plate with up to six-fold multiplexing.
The 384 well aluminum block with its excellent temperature uniformity is the foundation of the qTOWER³ 84 and is indispensable for the extremely precise and reliable amplification of PCR products. These reaction parameters guarantee the high specificity and yield of the reaction and are directly related to the speed and precision of the result. The excellent control precision of the sample block ensures homogeneous heat distribution across all the wells of a plate, which ultimately means the highest possible reproducibility from well to well and from cycle to cycle.
Complete System – Everything from a Single Source – Sample Processing at the Highest Level
Precise results for quantitative real-time PCR in high-throughput format with 384 samples require an accurate sample setup, which involves substantial time and effort.
Meet Your Throughput Needs
To standardize and improve the precision and reproducibility of real-time PCR reactions, the use of a pipetting robot is recommended. With its large number of liquid-handling systems, Analytik Jena offers the perfect solution for daily pipetting routines.
For example, GeneTheatre greatly simplifies all pending pipetting tasks in the laboratory and allows for full automation. The standardization of processes significantly reduces errors with reactions involving 10 or 5 microliter batch volumes – regardless of the experience and skill of the user. In combination with its qTOWER³ 84, as well as its diverse reagent portfolio as a further option, Analytik Jena offers a customized complete system here that can be tailored to individual application, throughput, and capacity requirements.
qTOWER3 84 - The next Level of qPCR
- Convenient: Comprehensive PC control
- Transparent: No costs for software licenses or updates
- Universal: Covers the entire spectrum from a simple representation of Ct values to the ddCt method and multiplate analysis
- Multilingual: The software of the thermal cylcer is available in multiple languages, including German
- Practical: The twelve color, FRET, and protein modules can be retrofitted or exchanged within five minutes
- Future-proof: Thanks to new filter modules, adaptable to new applications at any time
- Durable: 10-year long-term guarantee for high-performance
- Efficient: Minimal scan times of 6 seconds for up to six-fold
- Innovative: New light source with four long-stability LEDs (RGWB) with no preheating time and a long service life
- Brilliant: Ideal illumination and excitation of all 384 samples with
no edge effects
- State-of-the-Art: Heating rates of 4 °C/s, cooling rates of 2 °C/s
- Unrivaled: Ideal temperature homogeneity and unmatched control precision (± 0.1 °C)
- Precise: Programming of integer temperatures for 24 columns of the 384-well sample block using the Linear Gradient Tool (max. range 24 °C).
||Aluminum, special alloy
||384 wells microplates
||2–30 μl (5–20 μl recommended)
||Max. 4 °C/s
||Max. 2 °C/s
|Adjustable temperature range
||4 °C to 99 °C
||55 °C ± 0,15 °C after 15 sec
|Temperature control accuracy
||± 0,1 °C
||Linear Gradient Tool
||24 °C/0.1 °C
||30 °C to 110 °C
||30 kg, automated
||Fibre optic shuttle system with 16fold scanner and color modules for excitation and emission filters
||4 long-life, high-power LEDs (RGBW)
||High sensitive CPM (Channel Photo Multiplier)
- 12 Color-, FRET- and Protein modules
- 6 positions inside device
||6 sec for 384 wells independent of the number of dyes
||± 1 to 240 sec/cycle
||± 0,1 to 20 °C/cycle
||Approx. 30 kg
|Dimemsions (W x H x L)
||275 mm x 585 mm x 275 mm
|Additional technical data
||PC connection: USB
||Max. 45 db
- 2 years warranty on device system
- 10 years long-term warranty on high performance optics
|Parameters: color modules
|Color module 1
||FAMTM, Sybr®Green, Alexa488®
|Color module 2
||JOETM, HEXTM, VIC®, YakimaYellow®
|Color module 3
||TAMRATM, DFOTM, Alexa546®, NEDTM
|Color module 4
||ROXTM, TexasRed®, Cy3.5®
|Color module 5
||Cy5®, Alexa633®, Quasar670TM
|Color module 6
||Cy5.5®, LightCycler Red®
|FRET module 1
|FRET module 2
|FRET module 3
|FRET module 4
|FRET module 5
|Color modul Protein 1
* Yakima Yellow is registered trademark of Epoch Biosciences, Inc. Cy is a trademark of GE Healthcare. FAM, HEX, JOE, VIC, TAMRA, NED and ROX are trademarks of Applera Corporation or its subsidiaries in the US and/or certain other countries. SYBR, Alexa Fluor, SYPRO and Texas Red are registered trademarks of Molecular Probes, Inc. TaqMan and LightCycler are registered trademarks of Roche Group, Inc. Quasar Dyes are trademarks of Biosearch Technologies Inc. DFO™ is a trademark of Eurogentec S.A. Windows and Excel are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.