The TESCAN S9000G FIB-SEM System is a gallium FIB-SEM system designed for sophisticated ultra-thin TEM sample preparation, as well as other difficult nanofabrication tasks that require ultimate resolution and the latest in nanomachining and ion optics capabilities. The TriglavTM SEM column provided in the TESCAN S9000G offers ultra-high resolution with superior performance (specifically at low electron beam energies) and enhanced in-beam detection system with the capabilities of collecting filtering electron signal, thus paving the way for new contrasts and improved surface sensitivity.
The TESCAN S9000G is equipped with the OrageTM FIB column, which not just delivers the topmost precision standard for nanofabrication but also offers the possibility to use high ion beam currents, thereby rendering it viable to perform analyses of samples with a large volume. Excellent performance and resolution at low ion beam energies facilitate the preparation of electron-transparent TEM specimens of sub-20 nm semiconductor devices with excellent quality.
- World-class quality in sample preparation - The cutting-edge ion optics design in the Orage™ FIB column guarantees high resolution over the entire beam energy range, versatility, and best conditions for sample preparation
- Maximum precision and optimal FIB performance with ease - The Orage™ FIB column is fitted with an ultra-stable HV supply and precise piezo-driven aperture changer, which allows fast switching between FIB presets and excellent repeatability
- Nanofabrication with ultimate quality - Keeping up with an ever-increasing number of FIB milling applications that demand low beam energies, the Orage™ column operates at energies down to 500 eV thus providing the possibility of gentle milling to complete tasks such as TEM sample final polishing with minimal amorphization.
- Maximum versatility in sample preparation to your lab - Whether used at low ion beam currents for fabricating delicate nanostructures, or high currents for fulfilling large-volume milling requirements, the Orage™ column – capable of generating maximum currents of up to 100 nA while preserving beam quality – offers incomparable versatility to satisfy a wide range of FIB applications.
- Fast 3D microanalysis - The new and enhanced in-lens detection system enables fast image acquisition, which in combination with high ion beam currents up to 100 nA, results in fast data acquisition for 3D ultrastructural studies and 3D microanalytical sample characterisation. EDS and EBSD data can be simultaneously obtained during the FIB-SEM tomography and post-processed with dedicated software to obtain 3D sample reconstructions that provide researchers in life sciences or nanomaterials with unique insight and concrete answers
- Improved and extended imaging capabilities - The in-beam detection system in the next generation Triglav™ column has been optimised resulting in more than a three-fold enhancement of signal detection efficiency
- Large wafer analysis - Optimal 60° objective geometry design, and a large chamber, enables SEM and FIB analyses of 6” and 8” wafers at any location
TESCAN S9000G. The most advanced capabilities in nanofabrication.