These stages are specially developed to maintain a particular temperature to +/- 0.1 °C from ambient to 60 °C and offer a precise temperature control platform for inverted or upright microscope applications where it is vital to maintain at 0.1 °C constant temperature in the sample, whether fixed in a petri dish or on a microscope slide.
The two varieties of warm stage are the WS37 transparent ITO coated stages, for applications employed with standard microscope lenses, and bifilar coated metal stages with an aperture, to allow for high NA oil immersion lenses to be used. The latter requires a unique lens heater, available from the same supplier.
Through the use of a precisely designed thermal liquid crystal slide, accurate to 0.1 °C, it is possible to quickly verify displayed temperature through observation of color variations.
Warm Stages are developed to be compatible with specific microscope makes and models.
Ws37 Temperature Control for Live Cell Research
The WS37 is a pioneering solution to an opening in the Andrology market for validated control and efficiency. Through the use of a precisely designed thermal liquid crystal slide, accurate to 0.1 °C, it is possible to quickly verify displayed temperature through observation of color variations.
- Delicate 0.5 mm plate for greater image quality
- Sensor accuracy to the level of +/- 0.16 °C
- Alarm system for increased confidence and enhanced workflow efficiency
- Interactive touchscreen controller for simple and speedy use
- Dual control. A single controller can power two warm plates
- Data logging software for enhanced sample quality control
- LC validation kit offers system confidence and repeatability
Warm Stage Specifications
Thanks to a number of key design specifications, Linkam warm stages are in use in cell biology labs, hospitals and IVF clinics across the globe.
- The warming plates boast exceptional thinness, down to 0.5 mm, ensuring short high resolution objective or condenser lenses can be engaged
- A platinum resistor temperature sensor is engaged for greater precision and stability than the more frequently employed thermocouple
- The low voltage power supply makes use of automatic feedback, guarding against temperature fluctuations during loading or removal of the sample
- The system boasts a heating rate of 10 °C/min
- Refined CAD designed bi-filar heating element that reaches across the whole surface of the stage to sustain undeviating temperature distribution.
- The heating element is specially developed to ensure that no heater current induced fields will affect the sample
- Stages are developed to slot into the microscope table, allowing occupied access to the sample
- The WSC96 stage controllers are exceptionally simple and user-friendly. Operators need to simply select the desired temperature, then press heat.
- All equipment is EMC emissions tested, to ensure that it can be safely employed in hospital and IVF environments.
Metal Warm Plates
Thanks to their easy, cost-effective solutions for a precise temperature-controlled platform ranging from ambient to 60 °C, Linkam warm stages are in use in cell biology labs, hospitals and IVF clinics across the globe.
The warm stages are attached directly on top of the microscope stage and are appropriate for the majority of inverted and upright microscopes on the market.
All equipment is EMC emissions tested to ensure that it can be safely used in hospital and IVF environments.
- Temperature range ambient to 60 °C
- Temperature stability within ±0.1 °C of set point
- Appropriate for either petri dishes or microscope slides
- Platinum resistor temperature sensor
- Unvarying temperature distribution across the plate
- Variety of central aperture sizes offered
Linkam Warm Microscope Stage
Linkam Warm Microscope Stage - Picture 1
Linkam Warm Microscope Stage - Picture 2