The Elite T, the next-generation EDS system for transmission electron microscopy (TEM), employs a fast SDD with state-of-the-art built-in electronics. The unique geometry and powerful quantification routines of the Elite T offer optimized analysis solutions for all TEM applications.
Increased Solid Angle (SA) for Optimal Results
The Elite T EDS System is designed such that it offers an optimized geometry to guarantee the best possible performance. Solid angles above 2 steradians (sr) can be achieved with the dual detector option for select TEM models, which increases count rates and guarantees more rapid data collection on sensitive samples.
Spectrum showing a SiO2 sample collected by an Elite T.
The Elite T detectors are uniquely designed to eliminate the need for the typical protective window in front of the module. This design:
- Improves the mapping speed and light element detection in low concentrations
- Enhances the light element sensitivity of the detector
- Enables flexibility of sensor placement for maximum exposure to the signal
Built-in Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Electronics
- Minimizes noise for a better signal/noise ratio with enhanced detection limits
Intelligence Integrated into Detector
- Ensures automatic retraction to safe position without the need for user involvement
Automated Calibration Algorithm
- Repeatable, rapid, and accurate setup
TEAM™ Software Suite Allows Users to Optimize Their Analysis Time and Get the Best Possible Data from Their Sample
- Smart Quant — several robust quantification routines are executed in the TEAM™ software
- Smart Track — guarantees optimal working conditions on setup
- EXpert ID — ground-breaking one-step peak identification program
- Smart Mapping — automatically calculates needed collection time and detects the elements present in the sample
- Smart Drift — monitors and dynamically modifies parameters to account for drift changes
- Smart Data Management — increases user-friendliness and offers simple file management