The Velocity™ EBSD Camera Series enables high-speed EBSD mapping while providing the greatest indexing performance on real-world materials. The Velocity, driven by a CMOS sensor, integrates quick acquisition with excellent sensitivity and minimal noise performance for optimal data quality.
The Velocity Camera Series is available in four different models:
- Velocity Ultra—Up to 6,700 indexed points per second (ipps)
- Velocity Super—Up to 4,500 ipps
- Velocity Plus—Up to 3,000 ipps
- Velocity Pro—Up to 2,000 ipps
EBSD orientation map from additively manufactured 316L was collected at 6,700 ipps with Velocity Ultra with a 99% indexing success rate. Image Credit: EDAX
EBSD orientation map from additively manufactured Inconel 718 was collected at 4,500 ipps with Velocity Super with a 99% indexing success rate. Image Credit: EDAX
EBSD orientation map from Inconel 600 was collected at 3,000 ipps with Velocity Plus with a 99% indexing success rate. Image Credit: EDAX
EBSD orientation map from deformed brass was collected at 2,000 ipps with Velocity Pro with a 99% indexing success rate. Image Credit: EDAX
These speeds are achievable for all models, with indexing success rates of up to 99%. EDAX’s proven triplet indexing routine gives orientation precision values of less than 0.1° without using extra processing routines for precise characterization of deformed microstructures.
The Velocity camera’s efficacy is extended to many materials, including lower symmetry, multi-phase, and deformed structures. The Velocity Series allows quick data gathering on these real-world samples while producing high-quality results for optimal materials analysis.
Velocity EBSD Cameras can be used with appropriate EDAX EDS detectors for effective simultaneous EDS-EBSD collection, even at high collection speeds. Combining this with ChI-ScanTM analysis yields important integrated data for accurate phase differentiation.
Features and Benefits
Data collection rates up to 6,700 ipps
- Quickly gathers EBSD maps for effective SEM use, in-situ investigations, and 3D EBSD applications.
Provides high sensitivity, low noise images for EBSD indexing at the highest speeds
- Offers high sensitivity, low noise images for EBSD indexing at the fastest speeds
Orientation precision less than 0.1°
- Clear deformed microstructure characterization using standard indexing routines
High indexing success rates
- EDAX’s renowned triplet indexing and unique Confidence Index offer unrivaled indexing performance on complex real-world samples
High-speed simultaneous EDS-EBSD collection
- The Velocity EBSD Cameras have been optimized with compatible EDAX EDS detectors for efficient data collection at the highest rates