The mixer mill MM 500 is a versatile bench-top unit which has been built especially for wet, dry, and cryogenic grinding of up to 2 x 45 ml sample material in a matter of seconds.
With a maximum frequency of 35 Hz, it produces enough energy to create particles in the nanometer range. The strong high-performance drive renders the mill suitable for long-term grinding processes of up to 99 hours.
Therefore, the MM 500 is the first mixer mill in the market to offer a real alternative to sample pulverization in a planetary ball mill – with the added benefits of easier handling and less warming.
Unlike conventional mixer mills, the MM 500 can be used for mechanical alloying or for applications involving chemical reactions.
Alloys, animal feed, bones, coal, ceramics, coke, chemical products, drugs, electronic scrap, grains, glass, hair, minerals, ores, oil seeds, plant materials, paper, plastics, soils, sewage sludge, straw, tissue, textiles, tobacco, tablets, wood, waste samples and wool.
- Convenient operation via 4.3" touch display
- Robust grinding by impact and friction with up to 35 Hz
- Pulverization of two samples down to the nanometer range < 0.1 µm
- User-friendly clamping system
- Ideal for long-term grinding processes up to 99 hours
- Batch size maximum 2 x 45 ml
- Memory for 12 SOPs and four program cycles
- Ideal for mechanochemistry applications
- Three different grinding modes (wet, dry, or cryogenic)
- Can be controlled via RETSCH App
- Wide variety of accessories including grinding tool materials, different jar and ball sizes, CryoKit
- Pressure-tight up to 5 bar
- Jar design allows use of the total volume, also for wet grinding
- Jars remain conveniently clamped for periodic sample extraction
- Grinding under inert gas (optional)
MM 500 Mixer Mill - Handling Video
MM 500 Mixer Mill - Operation Video
Compact, Versatile Bench-Top Unit for Dry, Wet and Cryogenic Grinding - Mixer Mill MM 500