High-speed real-time polymerized chain reaction (PCR) on a microchip offers a revolutionary method for high-throughput testing in industries where PCR was not considered a standard technique before because of its high investment requirements and complexity. The prospect of performing rapid PCR in miniaturized volumes has already attracted a great deal of interest from both academics and industries to perform low-cost, high-throughput testing and screening.
Lumex Instruments developed and manufactured real-time PCR analyzer AriaDNA that offers a rapid and easy-to-use microchip-based nucleic acid analysis in varied samples.
Features of the Microchip-Based PCR Analyzer AriaDNA
- PCR analysis time (45 cycles) — takes only 20 minutes due to high-thermocycling rate (10–12 °C/second)
- Qualitative and quantitative DNA/RNA analysis — simultaneously in 20–48 microreactors through two detector channels (FAM, SYBR Green/ROX)
- Low reagent and sample usage — only 0.5–1.8 μl of 2x PCR master mix is required for 0.5–1.8 μl sample
- Reducing contamination — PCR is performed in a microchip separated from the environment
- Microchips with ready-to-use immobilized PCR reagents — reduce user’s labor content
- Low detection limits — 1–5 DNA/RNA copies for each microreactor
- Real-time data monitoring — analysis time; current process settings (PCR cycle, temperature); expected time to finish analysis; PCR curves factors; and plus/minus DNA analysis results
- Easy-to-use graphical interface
- Reports are generated automatically
- Results can be exported in industry standard data formats
- CFR 21 Part 11 complaint
- Virus and bacteria diagnostic centers
- STD diagnostics
- Quality control services for biological safety, food manufacturing, and customs control
- Clinical and laboratory services for veterinary, medical, and phytopathogen diagnostics
Microchips without reagents are essentially “empty” and can be utilized with varied reagents on the basis of user tasks. PCR mixtures of reagents and samples can be mixed into microreactors in the same way as in a test tube.
Microchips with lyophilized reagents can be used readily and have been designed for specific user applications in the fields of agriculture, medicine, and veterinary. In addition, microchips with lyophilized PCR reagents can be transported and maintained at ambient temperature for almost six months.
Applications of microchips with lyophilized reagents designed by Lumex Instruments:
- Diagnostics of sexually transmitted infections in biological samples (RUO) — Mycoplasma genitalium (MG), Trichomonas vaginalis (TV), Mycoplasma hominis (MH), Candida albicans (Ca), Chlamydia trachomatis (CT), Ureaplasma spp (Ur.spp), Herpes simplex virus I/II (HSV), and Neisseria gonorrhoeae (NG)
- Determination of pathogens in processed and raw food (RUO) — Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella spp.
- Determination of infectious diseases in cows induced by microorganisms (RUO) ) — Chlamydophila abortus, Chlamydophila pecorum, Ureaplasma diversum, Brucella spp., Campylobacter jejuni, Trichomonas foetus, Campylobacter fetus, Leptospira interrogans, Mycoplasma bovis, Mycoplasma mycoides, and Listeria monocytogenes
- Determination of SNP mutations in human genome (RUO) — (polymorphisms in genes F2 [20210G/A], F5 [1691G/A], [1298A/C], CYP2C9 (*2 and *3), MTHFR [677C/T], VKORC1 [-1639G/A])
- Determination of infectious diseases in chickens caused by viruses (RUO) ) — Coronavirus avia (IBV), Avian paramyxovirus (NDV), Reoviridae (AORV), and Birna viridae (IBDV)
*RUO–research use only.