Both of the Saint-Gobain NeuPortTM and NeuTruckTM products are cost effective plug-and-play solutions used to replace the He-3 used in both portal and vehicle mounted monitors. The NeuPortTM and NeuTruckTM are 6LiF/ZnS(Ag) based flat packaged neutron sensitive detectors that are stored within a high density polyethylene moderator enclosure.
The neutrons within both of these devices have been captured by the 6Li. Furthermore, the reaction products excite emissions released from the ZnS(Ag) scintillator, which will ultimately be absorbed by an adjacent ribbon within the wavelength shifting fiber. Both the NeuPortTM and the NeuTruckTM utilize the Proprietary Pulse Shape Discrimination (PSD) algorithm to count neutrons and reject gamma ray events during their use.
- Can fully replace He-3 systems without requiring any additional modification of existing electronics or significant changes in voltage
- Performance rates have been shown to meet and/or exceed ANSI standards
- Does not include any hazardous materials
- Secondary containment is not necessary
- Utilizes pulse shape discrimination (PSD) algorithms for neutron counting and rejection of gamma radiation
- Gain stabilization
- Customizable cables and connectors are available
- NeuPort 2800: Neutron efficiency ≥ 2.8 cps/ng; Gamma rejection ≤ 1 x 10-6
- NeuPort 2500: Neutron efficiency ≥ 2.5 cps/ng; Gamma rejection ≤ 1 x 10-6
- NeuTruck 1600: Neutron efficiency ≥ 1.6 cps/ng; Gamma rejection ≤ 1 x 10-6
Note: Neutron efficiency is measured with 252Cf moderated source @ 2 meters from the center