The Platinum Maestro multi-axis controller available from Elmo Motion Control Ltd is the “Natural” evolution of its GOLD Maestro counterpart. It is designed to considerably extend and improve the power of connectivity, motion control, and performance, with focus on ease of use.
Features like a fast and simple machine development process with stable throughput, sophisticated motion control technology, and lasting reliability have been included in the Platinum Maestro instrument.
The Platinum Maestro motion controller also comes with a built-in high-level computational multi-core system with additional on-board hardware peripherals and unlimited memory via the SD-Card, ROM, and RAM.
Thanks to the highly efficient EtherCAT networking, with a cycle time as low as 100 µs, the Platinum Maestro motion controller offers precise motion for any kind of project.
- Up to 256 axes of motion
- Complete compatibility with the GOLD Maestro motion controller
- Improved field bus support: Standard CAN Open network support, EtherCAT Slave network support for network bridging capabilities, master with full redundancy support, and EtherCAT
- Improved HW connectivity: Very large on-board CPLD hardware with limitless hardware interfaces that can be supported through dedicated option board connectivity (encoders, serial ports, A2D, D2A, etc.).
- Additional and faster external communication options: USB device connectivity (480 Mbps) to enable host computers to function through USB bus, fast host 10/100/1000 (Gigabit) Ethernet, and USB 3 host connectivity (5 Gbps) to enable quick access to devices (for example, external cameras).
- Sophisticated multi-axis control; superimposed motions; smart motion blending; ECAM; 1D, 2D, and 3D high-resolution error mapping; real-time updates of target positions; PT; PVT; high order polynomial motion segment and trajectories buildup; smart gearing; and spline profiling can perform any kind of multi-axis motion scenario with fastest response and excellent precision.
- “Motion without Programming” utilizing structural smart building blocks (IEC61138 and CPP) enables easy, quick, and highly efficient realization of complicated functionalities of a machine.
- Real-time clock option (battery backup)
- Hardware video support available for HMI panels (HDMI connectivity)
- Self-sufficient machine motion control: No need to depend on connection with PC server; users can connect HDMI video screen connector on the go.
- Software performance improvements such as deterministic user programming based on real-time programming; real-time, multi-core process optimization for increasing the system’s performance; and multitasking for C++ and IEC-61131-3.
- More EtherCAT functionalities: Network redundancy, network health management, aliasing, bridge support, improved support for third-party devices.
- Additional extended I/Os version: Enables direct connection of sensors such as feedback devices to the Platinum maestro instrument.
Multi-Axis Controller for High-Performance Technologies
Platinum Maestro with Extended I/O