The Gold DC Trombone from Elmo Motion Control Ltd is a compact, panel-mounted digital servo drive weighing 650 g (22.9 oz). It is designed to supply up to 10 kW of uninterrupted power.
This cutting-edge, high-power-density servo drive is engineered to work “Direct to Mains” from a high-voltage DC power supply of up to 400 VDC or 800 VDC, without requiring a transformer. It delivers a high level of performance, innovative networking, and built-in safety, as well as local intelligence and a fully featured motion controller.
The Gold DC Trombone is driven by a unintegrated, single 18 V–30 V isolated DC power source and a “smart” control-supply algorithm that allows the drive to work with just one power supply without requiring an auxiliary power supply for the logic.
In combination with the Gold Maestro, the ultimate distributed network motion controller, and the other systems of the Gold Line of intelligent servo drives, hi-tech solutions for the most difficult multi-axis motion applications can be easily executed, with a short development cycle while sustaining high performance.
Highlights of Gold DC Trombone Servo Drive
- Ultra-compact, maximum power density
- Gold Line core motion control technology
- Compatible with a wide range of feedback sensors
- Highly efficient, high-bandwidth performance
- Various communication options: Ethernet, CANopen, EtherCAT, and USB
- Vector control sinusoidal commutation
- Innovative filtering and gain scheduling choices for greater dynamic performance
- Extra cooling options for challenging applications
- External heat sink with fins and FAN (P/N with option-1)
- External heat sink with fins (P/N with option-2)