Olympus has introduced 38DL PLUS®, a new ultrasonic thickness gage that ushers in a new era in ultrasonic thickness gaging. Designed to suit virtually all ultrasonic thickness applications, this handheld instrument is fully adaptable with a complete range of single and dual element transducers.
The 38DL PLUS® is a versatile device and can be employed in applications spanning from highly accurate thickness measurements of multilayer or thin materials using single-element transducers through to wall-thinning measurements of internally corroded pipes using dual element probes.
The advanced 38DL PLUS® instrument comes standard with several robust yet user-friendly measurement features along with an array of application-specific software options. The sealed case of the instrument is made to comply with IP67 requirements to tolerate the rigors of extremely dusty or wet environments.
In addition, the color transflective VGA display allows excellent readability from complete darkness to bright sunlight. A simple, ergonomic keypad integrated into the 38DL PLUS® can be used with the right or left hand for easy access to all the instrument’s functions.
- Corrosion thickness gaging with dual element transducers
- Broad thickness range — 0.08 (0.003” ) to 635 mm (25”) based on the material and type of transducer chosen
- Compatible with single and dual element transducer
- A typical resolution of 0.001” or 0.01 mm for all transducers
- Internal oxide/scale software option is included
- Echo-to-Echo and THRU-COAT® measurements on coated and painted surfaces
- High-penetration software option for attenuating materials like thick casting, rubber, and fiberglass
- Multilayer software option for concurrent measurements of up to four layers
- High-resolution software option of 0.0001” or 0.001 mm with single element transducers of 2.25 to 30 MHz
- 10,000 reviewable readings for each scan; time-based B-scan mode
- Reduction Rate mode and Differential mode
- Time-of-flight, velocity, and thickness measurements
- V-Path Builder for compensation of custom V-path
- Olympus High Dynamic Gain technology with digital filters
- Designed for EN15317 standard
What Makes the Thickness Gage Different from Others?
The 38DL PLUS® ultrasonic thickness gage is designed to fulfill the challenges of complex applications and made to tolerate adverse conditions, both on the production floor and in the field.
Whether users are working in dark or bright areas, hot or cold climates, or extremely dusty or wet environments, the 38DL PLUS® instrument is designed to handle all kinds of inspection jobs. Those who require an instrument that is strong enough to withstand rough handling, shocks, and drops, the 38DL PLUS® — designed for IP67 rating and integrated with a protective rubber boot — provides the ultimate solution.
Built for Tough Environments
- Protective rubber boot equipped with a gage stand
- Broad operating temperature range
- Color transflective VGA display with both outdoor and indoor color settings for excellent clarity
- Robust and designed for IP67 rating
- Compact and weighs just 0.814 kg (1.80 lb)
- Vibration tested utilizing MIL-STD-810F, Method 514.5, Procedure I, Annex C, Figure 6, general exposure: 1 hour each axis
- Shock tested utilizing MIL-STD-810F, Method 516.5, Procedure I, 6 cycles each axis, 15 g, 11 msec Half sine
- Explosive atmosphere: Secure operation as defined by Class I, Division 2, Group D, as found in the National Fire Protection Association Code (NFPA 70), Article 500, and tested utilizing MIL-STD-810F, Method 511.4, Procedure I