Bruker’s Q4 MOBILE is a portable optical emission spectrometer meant for all areas of applications in Positive Material Identification (PMI), alloy identification, metal sorting, and analysis.
The Q4 MOBILE offers the following advanced solutions:
- Easy-to-use touch-screen operation and integrated probe display
- Patented CCD optic with exceptional resolution and thermal stability
- Combined arc/spark pistol with rapid adapter change
- Dedicated power management, supports all kinds of power supplies
- Thermal stability that does not require warm-up times and is immediately available
- Hybrid cable facilitates lighter, longer, more flexible probe cabling
Q4 MOBILE for alloy identification in practice
The Q4 MOBILE, one of the most compact and lightest integrated spectrometers, weighs 24 kg and can work individually from the mains supply. The battery may already be in-built, which is optional. The light hybrid cable and the ultra-light probe render this spectrometer very handy. A variety of cable lengths are available to perform special tasks.
The inclusion of the mobile spark spectrometer in the Bruker product family falls in the high-end performance bracket. The patented optic, orthogonal plasma observation, source generator, coupled with the newest spectra deconvolution algorithms enable an analytical performance almost like laboratory instruments. For tough applications involving the UV elements, such as S and P, a UV probe can be procured separately.
The application fields are varied. Apart from inspection of incoming goods—the rapid testing of coils on the truck, for example—the PMI test is the standard application. The Q4 MOBILE’s portability facilitates inspection away from the lab, offering convenient access to incoming goods. The instrument can be easily transported by contract labs and inspectors directly to the job for on-site investigations. Unsorted scrap, including carbon steels, can be swiftly tested in the scrap yard. The test would help various alloys to be distinguished, wherein precious and valuable material can be delivered to customers.
The Q4 MOBILE eliminates the gap between Bruker’s stationary OES and handheld XRF. If there is a need for metal sorting, PMI testing, alloy identification, or on-site analysis, then Q4 MOBILE is the ideal choice.
Q4 MOBILE - Mobile Optical Emission Spectrometer for PMI testing, alloy identification and analysis
Patented Optical System
- Active Ambient Compensation (AAC)
- Un-coated CCD detectors with lowest dark current
- ClearSpectrum® technology for cutting-edge spectra deconvolution
Analytical Solution Packages (ASP)
- ASPs encompasses all key elements and alloy groups
- Various matrix calibration packages available for arc/spark
- Upgradable for future expansion
- Maintenance-free, two-phase PWM Generator
- Frequency 50 to 1000 Hz (spark model)
- Low ripple ARC max. 5A
- Combined arc/spark probe with rapid-change
- Orthogonal spark view/cable length 4 m / 10 m
- Integrated display
- Ultra-light probe (780 g)
- –10 °C to 50 °C, 14 °F to 122 °F
- Working modes for PMI, sorting, and quantitative analysis
- Intuitive Windows®-based software with 12.1" touch-screen for basic routine tasks
- Different user levels for secure and task-specific functions
- SQL result database with many export formats
- Alloy library for grade definitions
- Power supply: 80–230 V
- Weight: 24 kg (52.9 lbs.)
- Dimensions: 507x530x310 mm, 19.9x20.9x12.2" (WxDxH)
- 12 - 30 V DC, maximum 260 W, Power management