The ElvaX S Lab XRF analyzer is built mainly for analyzing petrochemicals for sulfur content in a broad concentration range from 2 ppm to 5%. A number of global standards describe an analysis technique for sulfur in oil and fuel. Damaging sulfates are formed by sulfur in vehicle exhaust emissions; sulfur also pollutes the air with sulfur oxides.
In addition, sulfur decreases fuel stability and impacts the performance of the engine. The maximum permissible level of sulfur in fuel reduces from year to year. The 2003/17/EC (or EURO VI) directive stipulates a maximum amount of sulfur in fuel of 10 ppm. ElvaX Sulfur in Oil analyzer completely matches the stipulations of ASTM D4294, ISO 8754.
Exclusive set up of X-ray tube and geometry is engineered to achieve excellent sulfur sensitivity. The detection limit is just 2 ppm.
Sample preparation is not needed for petrochemical analysis. Results can be achieved after one minute.
A single instrument for sample analysis of oils, crude oil, diesel, lubricating, gasoline, and any other petrochemicals. No further calibration is required.
- Intuitive interface
- Compact, does not occupy a lot of space on a counter or a desk
- Accuracy and high speed
- Low detection limits
- Ergonomic design comprising an LED lighting
- Autonomous operation and also connected to a PC
X-ray fluorescence analysis outshines the rest of analytical approaches with regards to accuracy, speed, and simplicity. It is a non-destructive technique, wherein the analysis is aimed at the spot of interest. An analytical spot’s diameter can be easily altered.
- Anode: Ag
- Voltage: 40 kV
- Wattage: 4 W
- Area: 25 mm2 (6 mm2 for Si-PIN)
- Type: Fast SDD
- Count rate: 500 000 cps
- Energy resolution: 140 eV at Mn Kα, and 90 eV at Al Kα
- ADC: 4096 channels
- Signal processor: Digital pulse processor based on 80 MHz DSP
- Weight: 7 kg
- Analytical chamber dimensions: 185 mm × 212 mm × 90 mm
- Power consumption: 20 W
- Power supply: 90–240 V, 50/60 Hz; optional battery
- Analysis algorithms: Regression algorithm and Manual spectra comparison
- Operating system: Windows © Compact
- Screen: 5″, 800×480
- Data transfer: 2×USB, MicroSD, and miniUSB
ElvaX S Lab for Petrochemicals