The 3D-Ultralight Scan Head available from FARO® is a 3-axis solution that offers better spot-size/field-size ratios compared to what is offered by conventional f-theta scanning lenses. The scan head’s dynamic lens translator facilitates different field and spot size combinations, thus enabling continuous adjustment of the focus distance to generate a flat or contoured field.
3D-Ultralight enables achieving scan fields as large as 400 m x 400 m, and spot sizes as small as 260 µm. The scan head features an optimized center of gravity and considerable reduction in mass; it has been developed with air-cooled optics to deliver high power, and for robotic arm applications.
The potential to adjust the spot and field size ensures application flexibility, which is perfect for industrial processing. The system operates with multiple positions, thus acting on materials from almost any working distance and angle with large 3D volume.
So much potential is packed into such a small box, compared to any other scan head.
FARO® 3D-Ultralight Scan Head Features
- Large field/small spot — The 3D-Contour has the ability to scan fields as vast as 1 m x 1 m and generate a laser spot size as small as 30 µm for marking at any spot in the field. The potential to adjust the spot and field size delivers application flexibility.
- Supports multiple positions — The system has been engineered for robotic arm applications, thus acting on materials from almost any angle and working distance with large 3D volume.
- Available mirror size is 45 mm
- Light weight of 9.7 kg
- Wavelength: CO2
- Air-cooled optics
- Applications up to 1.2 kW (peak)
- CG optimized
- Custom correction files can be easily generated