The FARO® Digi-Cube is a 10 mm aperture digital servo-controlled scan head with a high scan rate and high precision. It costs lesser than similar lower performance analog models.
The scan head completely matches with an industry-standard mounting interface and is a high-value substitute to lower performance products made by other scan head manufacturers.
The Digi-Cube Digital Scan Head has been engineered for simple OEM integration and plug-and-play replacement of current analog scan heads, thus streamlining compatibility and installation problems. The Digi-Cube uses the standard XY2-100 communication protocol, thus including power and communication pinouts, industry-standard mechanical bolt pattern, and a broad range of mirror coatings and lenses.
The Self-Tuning Technology automatically makes up for mechanical wear, thus prolonging the service life and avoiding the problems faced while using conventional analog servo filters.
The Digi-Cube uses the Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology to quickly measure and predict the precise drive impulses needed to accomplish small mirror movements with the fastest possible acceleration, thereby providing a remarkable 1,000 impressions per second.
Thorough self-diagnosis and system check establish the operating parameters of the individual galvos, thus guaranteeing accuracy, and precise, defect-free laser marking positioning than analog models that necessitate complex manual recalibration after extended usage. The Digi-Cube provides 50% to 100% better speed performance when marking time is restricted to galvo performance, instead of laser power.
Features of the FARO® Digi-Cube
- Efficient and compact DSP design
- Better productivity with considerably faster and more accurate vector performance compared to analog heads
- Easily fits to any existing or new production line
- Enhanced dynamic performance
- Lower internal temperatures decrease temperature drift
- Fast mark “on the fly” processing with supported controllers
- Adaptable with any system with the help of the digital XY2-100 interface protocol
- Easy, fast installation with industry-standard mounting and communication protocol
- Automatic tuning checks when turned on
- Most economical technique for improving the performance of scan heads