The 3D-XB Scan Head from FARO® is built to provide large field sizes measuring from 150 mm to 2000 mm, without the use of XY tables, f-theta lenses, or gantries. This 3-axis technology offers optimized field-size/spot-size ratios compared to those of typical f-theta scanning lenses.
Scan fields as large as 2 m x 2 m or spot sizes as small as 30 µm are feasible with the 3D-XB Scan Head. The ability to alter the field and spot size provides application versatility, which makes the 3D-XB perfectly suited for job shop settings and process development.
The dynamic lens translator continuously fine-tunes the focus distance to create a flat or contoured field. Different field and spot size combinations can be chosen merely by turning a knob to regulate the working distance.
The precise, high-performance 3D-XB is employed for optical scanning in XY and XYZ applications with a range of laser wavelengths. It is a flexible tool suitable for a majority of laser applications.
FARO® 3D-XB Scan Head Features
- Versatile for process development and job shop settings
- Suitable for high-volume factory laser processing
- Processes 3D work surface: The 3D-XB integrates an XY scan head as well as a linear lens translator (the Z-axis) that can produce a contoured or flat field by dynamically aiming at the surface of the workpiece.
- Large field/small spot: The 3D-XB can scan fields as large as 1 m x 1 m or create a laser spot size as small as 30 µm for marking anywhere in the field. The ability to adjust the field and spot size provides application versatility.
- Mirror sizes available: 30 to 45 mm
- Effortless generation of custom correction files
- Wavelengths available: 1064 nm or 10.6 microns
3D-XB Scan Head for XYZ Beam Steering