The LEC-2 Embedded Controller from FARO® is a compact, self-contained 20-bit controller that offers cutting-edge software and hardware control technology to power galvanometer-based laser scanning systems. Engineered for high-speed manufacturing settings that carry out dynamic laser marking, the LEC-2 offers integrated synchronized I/O for connection to factory automation equipment.
The LEC-2 can be connected to the PC via Ethernet using standard TCP/IP protocols. Furthermore, the LEC-2 offers external USB connections to support job file distribution via industry-standard USB flash disks. RS232 Serial I/O is also available for serial laser control, user interface, and diagnostic access.
The LEC-2 avoids the need for a PC on the factory floor. Jobs can be performed remotely over the network or stored on the LEC-2, which is provided with 600 MHz of processing power and 512 MB of storage (up to 4 GB optional).
The LEC-2 control board functions flawlessly with FARO®’s WinLase® Laser Marking Software and a full line of scan heads, providing system integrators and OEMs with high-speed performance and accuracy for numerous applications. The LEC-2 controller, integrated with laser control and real-time vector, is perfectly suited for automated manufacturing settings.
Features and Benefits of the FARO® LEC-2 Controller
- Fully independent control over all laser output signals — PC not required
- Highly integrated 10/100 Ethernet-based controller
- Digital or direct analog interface to back XY or XYZ galvanometer-based scan heads for flexible integration
- FPGA/System-on-a-Chip (SoC) for on-board real-time processing of laser control and vectors
- Accu-Gen 20™ 20-bit architecture for accuracy and high speed
- Exceptional memory capability with 512 MB on-board FLASH storage for local jobs
- Supports numerous scan head protocols: XY2/100, SL2-100, and other 24-bit protocols
- Supports streaming and stand-alone modes of operation for better flexibility
- Software selectable laser signal polarity and timing; needs no jumpers
- USB host port for portable Flash disk access and other peripheral I/O
- Industry-leading laser control frequency of up to 5 MHz with 100 ns pulse width offering numerous laser options
- One 8-bit optically isolated digital output port for laser power control
- Software selectable polarity and timing for all laser control signals
- RS-422 digital encoder inputs for monitoring moving parts (mark on the fly)