The PP3010 is a fully automated, user-friendly, column-mounted, gas-cooled cryo preparation system available from Quorum Technologies. The system is ideal for most versions and models of FE-SEM, SEM, and FIB/SEM.
- High-resolution performance on FE-SEM, SEM, and FIB/SEMs
- Efficient cooling (usually down to at least –190 ºC)
- Completely gas-cooled, including cryo preparation chamber—there is no need to boil nitrogen on the SEM
- 24 hours plus run times on one fill of LN2 are usual, enabling unattended overnight operation (at typical operating temperatures)
- Automated sublimation, coating, and system start up
- Excellent specimen visibility
- Large recipe-driven touch-screen interface
- Fully adaptable with SEM beam deceleration/stage bias modes up to 5 kV
- Pumped storage of the cryo transfer device
- On-screen data logging and diagnostics
- Off column cooling and pumping systems—minimum mass on the SEM
- Prepdek workstation—self-contained work area and additional bench space is not necessary
- Specialist support and extended warranty option
- Cryo workflow options
The PP3010 is a user-friendly, highly automated, column-mounted, gas-cooled cryo preparation system ideal for most versions and models of FE-SEM, SEM, and FIB/SEM.
The PP3010 has all the facilities required to quickly freeze, process, and transfer specimens. The cryo preparation chamber is turbomolecular pumped, and contains tools for sputter coating, controlled automatic sublimation, and cold fracturing.
Image Credit: Quorum Technologies.
Image Credit: Quorum Technologies
After processing, the specimen is shifted from the cryo preparation chamber onto a highly stable SEM cold stage for observation. Cold trapping in the SEM chamber and cryo preparation chamber makes sure that the entire process is frost-free. Specimen process times are usually between 5 and 10 minutes.