The new HTM-400 high-temperature module can be easily retrofitted to the Alemnis Standard Assembly (ASA). The module can be utilized in air up to a temperature of 200 °C.
In the case of higher temperatures, the indenter should be used in vacuum (for example, within an SEM). The tip and sample are heated independently.
The components included in the HTM-400 module are:
- Three thermal sensors (with a resolution of less than 0.1 °C)
- A single indenter holder with a heating capability of up to 400 °C (in vacuum)
- A single sample holder with a heating capability of up to 400 °C (in vacuum)
- Water circulation and chiller
- Cooling braids, tubing and plate, including feedthroughs for the pipes
- High-temperature control software (two separate temperature control loops—one for the tip and one for the sample)
- SEM feedthroughs for temperature and power sensors
- Heating power and control, electronics, connectors, and cables