The FOODBOXER 502 food-grade air-operated diaphragm (AOD) pump from North Ridge Pumps has been particularly developed for use in food and hygienic applications.
The AOD pump has been developed with an electro-polished stainless steel 316 pump body and includes PTFE diaphragms approved by FDA. Hence, all parts that contact the pumped fluid are of food-grade standard. Additionally, the pump connections can be delivered with various configurations such as NPT, DIN, or tri-clamp.
The AOD pump has all the design advantages of a regular diaphragm pump but developed with food-grade materials. The displacement pump has been approved by FDA and it can dry run, self-prime, and manage fluids with viscosities of up to 50,000 cp.
The AOD pump includes a solid passage of up to 8 mm, and this enables its use in many different applications within the pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food, and beverage sectors. In addition, the mild pumping action of the AOD pump makes it suitable for managing shear-sensitive fluids.
The AOD pump comes as a standard Atex zone 2 version, which means it can be operated in potentially dangerous flammable settings. If needed, the pump is also available optionally in an Atex zone 1 version. The AOD diaphragm pump can run in high-humidity settings, which may pose problems for other types of pumps equipped with electric motors.
Moreover, the FOODBOXER 502 AOD pump can run dry for an extended period of time and has the ability to self-prime up to 5 m vertically. The flow rates from this food-grade diaphragm pump can be easily changed by modifying the air pressure that enters the motor. This kind of versatility enables the operator to dispense the exact flow rates, if needed. Varying flow rates of up to 650 L/minute can be achieved by the FOODBOXER 502 AOD.
The patented technology in the air motor prevents the pump from stalling whenever there is any considerable drop in air pressure entering the motor.
- PTFE diaphragms
- Electro-polished stainless steel pump body
- FDA-approved materials
- Available with tri-clamp connections
- Can self-prime up to 5 m
- Can run dry
- Can run on non-lubricated air
- Configurable suction and delivery port positions
- Anti-stall air motor is included
- Flow rate can be changed by altering the air pressure that enters the motor
- Atex Zone 2 as standard II 3/3 GD c IIB T135 °C, available in Atex Zone 1 if needed II 2/2 GD c IIB T135 °C
- Dual and single manifold options are available
- A range of accessories is available, such as stroke counter, air regulator, pulsation dampener, anti-vibration feet, flange kits, and batching controller
Source: North Ridge Pumps.
||Up to 650 L/minute
||Up to 80 m
||G 2″ F
||Up to 95 °C electro-polished AISI 316
||Up to 50,000 cp