The Kinexus DSR-III available from NETZSCH is part of a standard dynamic shear rheometer package designed to fulfill the pressing needs of research, comparative benchmarking, quality control and assurance, as well as product development, in the global Asphalt/Bitumen Industry. The system offers all these capabilities through true “plug and play” functionality for all environmental control units and measuring systems.
The Kinexus DSR-III allows superior Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-based testing and provides a complete range of standard rheological tests with full flexibility of test design and configuration.
The Kinexus DSR-III incorporates technical innovations that allow maximum flexibility in rheological test capabilities and protocols.
- Extensive range of measurement geometries enhanced for rheological characterization of materials ranging from solid asphalt cores to liquid binders
- Grade testing to industry standards like EN and AASHTO specifications with Time-Temperature Superposition for master curve generation
- Exclusive rSpace software interface provides complete flexibility of test set-up — spanning from sequence-driven SOP-type functionality to entirely adaptable test design
- All modes of rheological operation — direct strain controlled oscillation, shear rate control, and stress control at demand strain amplitude for precise control of sample strain history
- It is possible to get the entire sample history, from the point of loading onto the rheometer, in data file as a standard — since ensuring dependable rheology data for complex materials such as asphalt, indeed, begins prior to a measurement
- Unrivaled gapping and vertical travel capabilities with highly sensitive and ultra-responsive system normal force system for best-in-class performance
- Smart geometry recognition with complete auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to ensure robust data for all measurements
- Multifunctional accessory design — plate cartridges that include exchangeable lower plates and cylinder cartridges with replaceable cups — for a low-cost resolution and most extensive application coverage
- Special “plug and play” cartridge system for all environmental and temperature controllers — all power, mechanical, fluid, and communication connections made in one simple action