The Kinexus DSR-E from NETZSCH is part of a full dynamic shear rheometer package to match the challenging needs of product development, research, comparative benchmarking, quality control and assurance required by the worldwide Asphalt/Bitumen Industry. The Kinexus DSR-E system achieves this with its true “plug and play” functionality for all environmental control units and measuring systems.
The Kinexus DSR-E supports leading Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)-based testing while providing access to a complete range of standard rheological tests with full flexibility of test design and arrangement.
The Kinexus DSR-E integrates technological innovations that allow ultimate flexibility in rheological test capabilities and procedures.
- Wide range of measurement geometries enhanced for the rheological characterization of materials spanning from liquid binders through to solid asphalt cores
- Grade testing to industry standards such as EN and AASHTO specifications with Time-Temperature Superposition for master curve generation
- Exclusive rSpace software interface that provides full flexibility of test arrangement — ranging from sequence-driven SOP-type functionality to fully customizable test design
- All modes of rheological operation — shear rate control, stress control, and direct strain controlled oscillation at demand strain amplitude for exact control of sample strain history
- Intelligent geometry recognition with complete auto-configuration and user feedback on system status to ensure robust data for all measurements
- Solids fixtures for quantifying fatigue or accumulated strain testing of asphalt cores and Penetrometer adapter for automated penetration testing of asphalt binders
- Novel “plug and play” cartridge system for the entire range of temperature and environmental controllers — all mechanical, communication, power, and fluid connections carried out in one simple action
- Full sample history from the point of loading onto the rheometer available in data file as standard — guaranteeing dependable rheology data for complex materials such as asphalt truly begins before a measurement is carried out
- Outstanding vertical travel and gapping capabilities with extremely sensitive and ultra-responsive normal force system for superior quality performance
- Multifunctional accessory design — plate cartridges that include interchangeable lower plates and cylinder cartridges with interchangeable cups — for an economical solution and extensive application coverage