The new DFA-70Xi analyzer available from Phase Technology is the first and only instrument in the world to carry out four essential diesel fuel tests in a single unit — pour point, cloud point, density, and viscosity. The analyzer performs all these tests within 25 minutes.
- Pour Point — ASTM D5949, ASTM D97 (IP 15/ISO 3016) equivalent
- Cloud Point — ASTM D5773 (IP 446), ASTM D2500 (IP 219/ISO 3015) equivalent
- Density — ASTM D4052 (IP 365/ISO 12185) at 15 °C equivalent
- Kinematic Viscosity — ASTM D7945 at 40 °C, ASTM D445 (IP 71/ISO 3104) equivalent
The DFA-70Xi is equipped with a new, side-loaded automatic sample injection port, which avoids the need to perform manual pipetting. The analyzer constantly draws the exact amount of sample as needed by the ASTM method.
The DFA-70Xi is an entirely self-cleaning instrument that eliminates the need for solvents. This saves time and avoids the trouble of cleaning, as well as prevents any damage to the sample cup.
Features and Benefits of DFA-70Xi Analyzer
- Four different tests are carried out within 25 minutes
- Best-in-class precision — Excellent measured reproducibility and repeatability of any manual or automatic method
- Pipette is not needed since the new vial injection system can automatically load sample
- No external chiller — Cool, quiet, and self-contained thermo-electric cooler; no dangerous liquid bath medium (methanol toxicity)
- Self-cleaning — There is no need for solvent
- No breakable glassware — Internal capillary system avoids the need for delicate glass viscosity tubes