The Mixolab 2 from CHOPIN Technologies quantifies the properties of dough during mixing and also measures the quality of protein and starch.
Comprehensive and Versatile
Users can easily generate customized testing protocol for doughs, whole wheat flours, or various cereals that can be directly sampled online.
- The standard “Chopin +” protocol assesses:
- The behavior during mixing (stability, development time, hydration, etc.)
- Gelatinization of starch
- Retrogradation of starch
- Amylase activity
- Protein quality
The built-in software in the Mixolab 2 quantifies each of the standard curve parameters and transforms them into six qualitative indexes, such as mixing, absorption, Gluten+, amylase, viscosity, and retrogradation.
The Simulator protocol shows a reconstituted Farinograph® curve and provides results that are completely similar to those of the Farinograph® curve:
- Absorption of water
- Development time
New WiXO Protocol
Users can receive a prediction of alveographic results in just 8 minutes.
The Mixolab 2 quantifies the consistency of a dough exposed to the dual limitations of mixing and rising temperatures. It inspects the quality of starch and protein using a 50 g sample of the flour.
- Enables the selection of wheat seed varieties from generations F4-F5
- Identification of pest-infestation in wheat
- Wheat testing at the point of delivery
- Adaptation of flours for final applications via accurate dosing of additives
- Optimization of wheat and flour blends
- Assessment of the effect of damaged starch
- Analysis of different streams of flour mills
- Analyzing the formulas of whole-wheat flours
- Analyzing the rheological behavior of fiber-rich flours
- Validating the conformity of delivered flours
- Enables the elaboration of gluten-free products
- Optimization of quality control and customers’ specifications