The T-Ray® 5000 Terahertz Control Unit is best suited for scientific applications and industrial, non-destructive testing. The system is capable of monitoring and controlling all aspects of terahertz (THz) generation and detection.
The control unit offers accurately controlled optical signals to the terahertz transmitters and receivers, or the T-Gauge® Sensor Heads. This allows them to produce and receive terahertz signals. The control unit processes the measured data at a rate of 1 kHz, which makes the T-Ray® 5000 one of the fastest terahertz systems currently available.
The data produced by the T-Gauge® Sensor Heads and processed by T-Ray® 5000 Control Unit facilitates simultaneous, multiple measurements of products.
One T-Gauge® Sensor is designed to measure the caliper thickness, basis weight, density, multi-layer thickness and moisture content of a sample in a single measurement.
The T-Ray® 5000 Control Unit is attached to a separate transmitter and receiver, enabling it to perform not just spectroscopic measurements but also transmission and reflection imaging.
The T-Ray® 5000 Control Unit and its accessories are connected with robust connection points and interfaces well suited for the industrial environment. The system is assembled with enough connections to facilitate smooth integration with a majority of the QC systems or experimental applications. The industry-standard interface connections ensure easy integration with the T-Gauge® Sensor.
- The control unit can be used in non-destructive material inspections in various areas such as packaged foods, aircraft, radome inspection, pipeline repairs and spacecraft
- Industrial process controls include foam density, commercial roofing, plastic extrusion, coating thickness and asphalt shingles
- Converting applications include multilayer films, paper coating and tire
- The scientific applications of the system include terahertz imaging (transmission and reflection) and time-domain spectroscopy
- Standard monitor and USB connections
- Built-in data processor
- Compact enclosure
- Provided with digital inputs for measurement control
- Can be coupled with fiber-coupled sensor heads
- Can be integrated with web scanners and robots
- Can be installed easily
- Measurements are provided in engineering units
- Triggers provided for bin boundaries or data tagging
- Can be operated even without specialty monitor and keyboard
Image Credit: Ether NDE Ltd.
Source: Ether NDE Ltd.
|Maximum measurement range
||12, 25, 50 or 100
||Will vary with material measured
||100 and 1000
||Determined by measurement range
|External monitor connection
|A/D dynamic range
|Operating temperature range
||0 - 50 °C
||20 - 90%
||110/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz self-sensing
|Size (W x H x D)
||17.5 x 21.5 x 7.5
||2 independent IP addresses
||Inputs and outputs
Click here for more information on Terahertz Technology for Non-Destructive Testing.