HORIBA's CAMSIZER Digital Image Processing Particle Size and Shape Analysis System provides rapid and precise particle size and particle shape distributions for dry powders and bulk material in the size range from 30µm to 30mm. This technique provides a wide variety of information about the sample, from a general size measurement, to shape parameters that can be closely correlated to specific performance characteristics. This also allows correlation to existing data from techniques as diverse as sieving and sedimentation.
The CAMSIZER is a compact laboratory instrument for simultaneous measurement of particle size distribution and particle shape, number and density of powders and granules.
Based on digital image processing by the unique, patented two-camera system, pourable solids in the range of 30 um to 30 mm can be measured. Thanks to the unique scanning of all particles and the newly developed fitting algorithms, the measuring results are 100% compatible to those of sieve analysis. This makes the CAMSIZER the ideal time and cost-saving alternative for incoming and outgoing controls and for in-process quality control.
In combination with the optional AutoSampler, efficiency can be increased by high sample throughput due to the automated sample measurement.
Application Examples: abrasives, carbon products, palletized carbon black, coffee, catalysts, fertilizers, food products, glass/ceramics, metal powders, pharmaceuticals, plastics, polystyrene, refractory products, salt, sand, sugar, and many others.
- NEW: Improved data correlation to sieve analysis, also accurate correlation to multimodal distributions.
- NEW: Sample optimized, intuitive software.
- NEW: Additional shape parameters including sphericity, aspect ratio, convexity, symmetry, surface texture analysis.
- NEW: Language versions including English, German, French, Japanese, and many more.
- Wide Size Range: 30 microns to 30 mm in one measurement with no hardware changes required; a dynamic range of 1000 to 1.
- Measurement Principle: The instrument employs digital image processing to measure size, shape, number and density of solid particles.
- High Resolution: Two linked, high resolution, full-frame cameras, with different resolutions, operating simultaneously, form an intelligent measuring system with a very wide dynamic range while still capturing images of all particles in the sample.
- Ultra fast framegrabbing at 60 images per second and real time data calculation
- High-intensity, long life stroboscope LED light source
- Automatic sheeting air to keep camera and light source windows clear of dust
- Automatic measurement chamber vacuum eliminates velocity biasing by maintaining equal particle velocity independent of size, shape or density
- Sample introduction via automatic speed-controlled vibratory feeder
- Automatic feeder hopper height control
- 30 seconds to 3 minute analysis time, depending on sample type
- ISO-traceable certified calibration reticle with a particle size distribution of 60 microns to 14 mm (maximum inaccuracy of 0.1 microns per object).
- Each particle image scanned and measured in 64 orientations
- High resolution analysis in 10,000 measured, and 1,000 to 3,000 saved, size classes per run.
- Ten user-selectable measurement models for superb correlation to particle width, particle length or equivalent area.