The “BitUVisc” from Omnitek is a completely autonomous, programmable kinematic viscometer intended to handle extremely viscous substances at high temperatures.
The device can handle samples with viscosities up to 120,000 mm2/s and temperatures up to 150 °C. ASTM D445, D446, D2170, and AASHTO T201 requirements are all fully met.
There are two diverse versions to choose from, 110 and 120.
The BitUVisc 110 has a single thermostatic bath with one viscometer tube, whereas the BitUVisc 120 has two viscometer tubes in one bath. Auto-sampling, preheating, completely automated dual solvent cleaning and drying are standard features on all BitUVisc devices.
Viscometer tubes are based on the popular and proven Ubbelohde design. These tubes, which employ specifically built temperature sensors, can detect entirely opaque fluids without any issues or constraints, and thus remove the requirement for reverse flow tubes.
Viscosity measurement up to 150 °C and sample preheating up to 200 °C are available in the basic configuration.
Advanced temperature control guarantees that measurements are performed within the acceptable temperature stability. The device has a unique single position auto-sampling function that includes combined sample heating up to 200 °C and cleans the viscometer tube with hot solvent.
For unstable samples, like crude oils, additives, vacuum residues, waxes, heavy fuel oils, asphalts, polymers and so on, which show poor determinability when repeatedly sampled, the BitUVisc has been equipped with specially built duplo viscometer tubes.
These tubes feature two measurement regions with a tube constant that is almost identical. This enables true duplo determination whilst only sampling once.
Source: Omnitek B.V.
||BitUVisc 110 / 120
||Up to 120,000 mm2/s, up to 150 °C
||15 – 150 °C *
||15 °C to 100 °C ± 0.01 °C * Up to 150 °C, ±0.03 °C
||Up to 200 °C
||10 - 30 ml per cycle, sample dependent
||BitUVisc 110: up to 2 measurements per hour ** BitUVisc 120: up to 4 measurements per hour **
||ASTM D445/D446, ASTM D2170
AASHTO T201, EN 12595
|Dual Solvent cleaning
||Multiple instruments controlled with 1 PC
||USB storage device
||110 / 120: 38 x 62 x 78 cm (w x d x h)
||54 kg (empty)
||10 A @ 230 V
* For temperatures around ambient, an external cooling circulator is required
** Measurements per/hour; depends on viscosity, tube constant, temperature and solvents chosen. Measurement cycles are given for a sample with a viscosity around 50.000 mm2/s @ 40 °C.
- All ASTM, EN, ISO, DIN, AASHTO T201, EN 12595 and other kinematic viscosity requirements are met.
- The exchange of viscometer tubes is simple
- The vacuum approach is used to fill the viscometer
- Temperature management that is extremely precise
- Fuels, base oils, designed oils, very viscous samples such as vacuum residues, additives, crude oils waxes, heavy fuel oils, polymers, asphalts and other viscous samples are all suitable.
- Compact design
- Flow-time measurement that is extremely precise regardless of fluid type
- Chemically impervious to a wide variety of fluids and chemicals
- Cross-contamination-free operation, thanks to innovative and efficient viscometer tube cleaning.