Ion Science's Falco fixed VOC Gas Detector, Diffused model, is a fixed VOC gas detector that eliminates false readings that impede other competing technology while providing constant detection of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in dangerous environments.
The Falco Diffused instrument is ideal for detecting VOCs throughout industry premises, like refineries and petrol chemical facilities.
Falco - Fixed gas detector
Video Credit: Ion Science
The Diffused, fixed Falco VOC gas detector consists of an Intrinsically Safe sensor that is situated externally for simple and rapid servicing that does not need a hot work permit. The dual certification implies that Falco can be serviced and calibrated in dangerous environments without needing to disconnect from power.
Both the Pumped and Diffused standard Falco models come fitted with a 10.6 eV lamp. This allows an extensive range of instrument detection in comparison to VOC gases. Four detection ranges are available on this fixed gas detector, including 0–10 ppm, 0–50 ppm, 0–1000 ppm and 0–3000 ppm.
To determine Total Aromatic Compounds (TACs) on both the pumped TAC and diffused TAC models, which focus on benzene, the Falco TAC uses a 10.0 eV lamp. The detection range of the Falco TAC 0–50 ppm.
- The only VOC detector developed for severe weather
- Sophisticated sensor performance considerably decreases drift and downtime
- Typhoon technology prevents the formation of condensation with the PID
- Eliminates false readings found with competing PID technology
- Ex d approved
- Multi-colored status display with 20 m visibility in sunlight
- Equipped with a long-life lamp for continuous use for a year
- Diffused unit perfect for detecting VOCs and TACs in areas like refineries and petrol chemical facilities
- Falco diffused can be housed almost at all places
- Pumped and diffused models available
- Comes with four detection ranges
- Selectable response factor for altering VOC selection
Source: Ion Science
|Detection ranges and
10.6 eV lamp fitted*
|10.0 ppm, 0.001 ppm
50.0 ppm, 0.01 ppm
1000 ppm, 0.1 ppm
3000 ppm, 1 ppm
|Detection ranges and
10.0 eV lamp fitted*
|50.0 ppm, 0.01 ppm
|Response Time (T90)
||Diffused models: <30 seconds**
||±5% or ±1 digit
||OLED high contrast white on black: 128 x 64 pixels
Screen size: 35 mm (w) x 17.5 mm (h)
5 magnetic switches with LED confirmation (up, down, left, right and enter)
||Bright visible status indicator: RED, AMBER, GREEN
||4 – 20 mA
2 programmable relays
RS 485 Modbus
|Operational Temperature: – 40 to 50 °C 0-100% RH and condensing humidity
Storage temperature: – 40 to 60 °C
||Main Unit: IP65
Sensor Head: IP65
||Working voltage: 12 to 40 Vdc
Typical 2 W, Max 7 watts
|2 x cable entry points with 3/4″ NPT threads (left and right)
||2 x M8
205 (h) x 191 (w) x 125 (d) mm
||EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
||II 2G db ib IIC T4 Gb
Class 1, Div 1 Groups ABCD T4
* All specifications quoted are at calibration point and under the same ambient conditions.
Specifications are based on isobutylene calibration at 20 °C and 1000 mBar.
** When set to continuous measurement
Modbus® is a registered trademark of Schneider Electric
Falco Diffused, Fixed VOC Gas Detector — Accessories and Replacement Parts
The Falco fixed VOC gas detector is compatible with a broad range of accessories and replacement parts. Users can contact ION for further information or to make an order.