The Wells-Brookfield Cone/Plate Viscometer/Rheometer gives researchers a sophisticated instrument for routinely determining absolute viscosity of fluids in small sample volumes. Its cone and plate geometry provides the precision necessary for development of complete rheological data.
The Wells-Brookfield Cone/Plate Viscometer/Rheometer provides a wide variety of shear rates and viscosity ranges, which can be further extended by the use of interchangeable cone spindles. Different models can be selected to meet the specific range of viscosities and shear rates required.
Shear rates as high as 1875 sec-1 (DV-III Ultra Rheometer) can be achieved.
The small sample volume required permits rheological evaluations to be made on materials where sample availability is limited, such as biological fluids and thick film coatings that contain precious metals.
All wetted parts are stainless steel for corrosion resistance and ease of cleaning.
Optional purge fitting, luer fitting, and embedded temperature probe available.
Features and Benefits
Features and benefits of using the Well-Brookfield Cone/Plate Viscometer/Rheometer include:
- Determine absolute viscosity of small samples (0.5 - 2.0 mL)
- Precise shear rates for determining a material's flow curve behavior
- Rapid temperature control due to small sample size
- Electronic gap adjustment for simplified setup and increased throughput
- Available on DV-III Ultra Rheometer and DV-II+Pro and DV-I Prime Viscometers
- Auto-zero function to ensure precision torque measurement
- Auto-range function to define full scale range (FSR) for all spindle/speed combinations
- Torque measurement accuracy: 1% of full scale range
- Repeatability: 0.2% of full scale range