Oxford Instruments’ PlasmaPro 80 reactive ion etching (RIE) provides flexible reactive ion etch solutions on a single platform with suitable open loading option. It is a compact, small footprint device that is simple to set up and use without compromising on the quality of a process.
The PlasmaPro 80 is basically designed to suit the requirements of R&D or small-scale production. It is capable of processing from the smallest wafer pieces to 200mm wafers. The open load structure enables speedy wafer loading and unloading, prototyping and low-volume production.
Reactive ion etching of organic, compound semiconductor, dielectric, and metal materials can be easily performed using the PlasmaPro 800 RIE system. The clear and easy access to main components enhances better serviceability and maintenance of the system.
The main features of the PlasmaPro 80 RIE are listed below:
- Low cost of ownership
- Exceptional etch control and process control
- Semi S2/S8 compliant
- Improved electrode cooling results with superior process control, wafer temperature uniformity and excellent flexibility, covering a broad range of processes
- Superior etch control and rate determination can be provided by optional end-point detection, that is combined with PC4500TM process tool software
- Close-coupled turbo pump for high pumping speed and superior base pressure
- X20 control unit significantly increases data retrieval and delivers faster, more repeatable matching
- Fault and tool diagnostics via front end software enabling quick fault analysis
- Automatic purge allows purging of toxic gas line in turn with a line flush in between, thereby enabling safer, fully interlocked purging controlled by the front end software
- Addition of <500ms datalogging offers traceability and history of chamber and process conditions
- Optical emission spectrometry for large sample or batch process end-pointing by detecting changes in etch by-products or reduction of reactive gas species, and for chamber clean end-pointing