X-ray diffraction has undoubtedly been integral towards materials science research. We want to gather the XRD community to share knowledge and gain ideas on how to improve materials research. For the upcoming series of Malvern Panalytical’s XRD workshops across the Asia Pacific region, we have invited our leading application specialist, Dr Olga Narygina, to share her knowledge.
Olga was previously the Application Specialist in our Supply Center in the Netherlands, and has recently moved to Brisbane, Australia. Her specialization is in powder X-ray diffraction at ambient and non-ambient conditions. Alongside esteemed researchers from Perth, she will take you through basics of X-ray diffraction for the analysis of geological and synthetic materials and present various examples of cutting-edge in operando / in-situ research.
In this special edition of XRD hands-on learning workshops, we invite attendees to bring their powder samples. Try your hand at properly preparing your sample, analyzing it on our latest tabletop X-ray diffractometer and interpreting the results using our HighScore software.
Malvern Panalytical's Application Specialists will be at the 20th International Union of Materials Research Societies Conference from the 22-26 September 2019, booth #4. Feel free to drop by to discuss analytical solutions for routine and advanced powder research, thin films, SAXS, nano-materials and much more..
- Date: September 27 2019 - September 27 2019
- Time: 09:15 - 17:00 (GMT+08:00) AUS Western
- Country: Australia
- Location: University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Highway, Perth, Australia, 6009
- Event type: Seminar
- Language: English
- 9.00 - 9.30am: Analytical Facilities at UWA
- 9:30 - 10.45am: Basic and Advanced X-ray diffraction applications
- 10.45 - 11.00am: Morning tea break
- 11.00am - 12:30pm: Basic powder X-ray experiment
- Hands-on session using Aeris tabletop XRD
- 12.30 - 1.30pm: Lunch
- 1.30 - 2.30pm: Advanced analyses of XRD data using HighScore plus:
- 2.30 - 2.45pm: Afternoon tea break
- 2.45pm: Thin film analyses on a laboratory diffractometer
- 4.45pm: Recap and questions
- 5pm: End
Dr Olga Narygina studied physics at the Ural State University (Russia). After completing her master thesis on high-pressure, high-temperature studies of carbon nanotubes Dr Narygina moved to Bayerisches Geoinstitut (University of Bayreuth, Germany) to obtain her PhD degree. Her work there focused on high-pressure, high-temperature research of iron-containing silicates and alloys. This was followed by a post-doc position at the University of Edinburgh (The United Kingdom) where Dr Narygina carried on with the material property research at extreme pressure-temperature conditions with the focus on the structural properties of alkali metals. In 2011 Olga joined Malvern Panalytical. She started as an application specialist XRD in our Supply Center, Almelo, the Netherlands. A few years later, she progressed into an XRD product managerial role. Recently Dr Narygina moved to Australia and joined the APAC product/application specialist team.
*Complimentary entry upon registration*
Benefit from our full day hands-on learning workshop
- Have a chance to operate our latest tabletop XRD using your samples
- Pick up tips on how to properly prepare your samples, ensure optimized measurement conditions and good data quality
- Learn how to perform phase ID on our HighScore software
- Gain confidence in advanced XRD analysis and data interpretation like analysis of large data sets, extracting hidden properties, using Partial Least Square Regression (PLSR) method etc
Register for event