On Tuesday, March 15, 2011, Micromeritics will hold a Materials Characterization Workshop that will cover topics of importance to scientists, laboratory supervisors and technicians in industry and academia where knowledge of the physical characteristics of powders and solids is essential.
This workshop will take place at Micromeritics Instrument Corporation, 4356 Communications Drive, Norcross, GA. Two sessions of three presentations will be offered by Micromeritics staff scientists. Each presentation will include a question and answer period. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in any two of three presentations. These sessions will be followed by a tour of Micromeritics manufacturing facility. If required, transportation will be available from the Georgia World Congress Center to Micromeritics and back to area hotels.
Two sessions - Three presentations per session
- Determination of Particle Size Distribution of Powders by Various Analytical Methods, Including Characterization of Particle Shape
Anthony W. Thornton, B.S., M.S.
Director of Product Integrity and Performance
- An Examination of Chemisorption - A Powerful Tool Widely Used in the Study and Characterization of Catalysts
Simon Yunes, Ph.D.
Senior Application Scientist
- Physical Adsorption - A Powerful Technique for Determining the Surface and Pore Structure of Solids
Jeff Kenvin, Ph.D.
Group Leader, Scientific Services Group
Jacek Jagiello, Ph.D.
Tuesday, March 15 - Micromeritics Instrument Corp.
- 12 Noon - 2:00 PM Session 1
- 2:15 PM - 4:15 PM Session 2
- 4:30 PM - 5:00 PM Micromeritics Manufacturing Plant Tour
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM Social Mixer
- 6:00 PM Return to Hotels
This workshop is free and space is limited, so register as soon as possible. For detailed information, presentation descriptions, and to register for the workshop and plant tour visit http://www.micromeritics.com/mcw2011.aspx