Granta Design today announced a wide-ranging series of free web seminars on topics related to materials information and materials engineering for engineering enterprises and university-level educators.
More than 20 new webinars will be provided over the next four months, offering key insights into how enterprises can better manage and use vital materials information, and sharing ideas about how to enhance the teaching of materials in the engineering curriculum.
The following three webinars are a good sample of the programme. Next Tuesday, September 15, Granta’s collaborative project team will share experiences of supporting leading industry projects in areas including Additive Manufacturing and Restricted Substances in a webinar titled: ‘How to manage vital materials information for collaborative projects’. On Thursday, September 24, we will demonstrate the newly-launched CES Selector 2016 software, showing how to use new features to estimate part costs at an early stage in the design process. Then on Wednesday, November 4, the renowned Cambridge University Professor Mike Ashby will talk about ‘Green Engineering in a resource constrained world’.
Webinars will be held in English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. They are freely available to anybody interested, providing an accessible forum to learn from Granta experts and other leaders in the field. Each includes an interactive Q&A session: simply register online to participate. See details and register on Granta’s events calendar.
The full 2015 webinar programme is:
- Sep 15, How to manage vital materials information for collaborative projects
- Sep 23, Préparer l’année avec CES EduPack: conseils et exemples (French language – for Materials Educators)
- Sep 24, Estimating part cost during early stage design
- Sep 30, Research and development of materials with CES Selector (for Academic Researchers)
- Oct 8, Material selection and substitution for consumer products
- Oct 15, Materials Selection - Real Industrial Case studies - Aerospace and Power Systems (for Materials Educators)
- Oct 21, Angewandtes Fallbeispiel zur Materialauswahl – Bauen Sie Beispiele aus der Industrie in die Lehre ein (German language – for Materials Educators)
- Oct 21, 5 Claves para mejorar la enseñanza de materiales (Spanish language – for Materials Educators)
- Oct 22, Accessing an encyclopaedia of materials data
- Oct 22, 5 dicas para melhorar o ensino de materiais em cursos de engenharia e ciência dos materiais (Portuguese language – for Materials Educators)
- Nov 4, Green Engineering in a resource constrained world (for Materials Educators)
- Nov 11, Werkstoff Information Interoperabilität mit PLM/CAD/CAE (German language)
- Nov 12, Selezione dei materiali a sostegno della ricerca e sviluppo di nuovi prodotti (Italian language)
- Nov 18, Selección y sustitución de materiales en I+D+i (Spanish language)
- Nov 26, Materials data reduction analysis: supporting the generation of data for design and simulation
- Dec 2, GRANTA MI pour le bureau d'études (French language)
- Dec 3, Material selection and substitution for medical devices
- Dec 9, Inspiring Designers and engaging Engineers with products and materials (for Materials Educators)
- Dec 15, Controlled workflows for critical materials data
- Dec 16, Les étapes pour guider ses recherches en matériaux vers l’innovation (French language)
- Dec 16, Tips for teaching Bioengineering topics to engineering students
About Granta Design Ltd
Granta are the materials information technology experts. The company develops market leading software for managing materials and process information in engineering enterprises, and a series of tools for applying that data to key materials and product design decisions.
Granta serves sectors as diverse as aerospace, defense, energy, medical devices, automotive, motorsports, manufacture of consumer and industrial equipment, materials production, and publishing. Customers realize multi-million dollar benefits in reduced cost, enhanced product performance, improved quality, and faster design turnaround.
Granta was founded in 1994 as a spinout from the University of Cambridge and the work of Professors Mike Ashby and David Cebon. For further information go on line to www.grantadesign.com.