The CryoSyncTM is a highly precise and cost-effective cryogenic temperature controller operated as an external accessory with the Autosorb iQ (ASiQ), or adapted for use with other suitable volumetric adsorption devices.
The CryoSyncTM is designed to provide precise temperature control (as low as ±0.005 K) at temperatures in the range 82-100 K. The CryoSyncTM is ideally suited to enable ASiQ and other physisorption analyzers to generate fast and IUPAC-recommended  pore size analyses using argon gas at liquid argon temperature (87.3 K), while employing the more readily available liquid nitrogen (at 77.4 K) as the cryogen.
The CryoSyncTM operates by controlling a highly stable thermostatic block, wherein the sample to be analyzed is placed. The temperature of the thermostatic block is measured by a temperature probe coupled to a programmable heating control unit. Precise control of the power delivered by the controller allows the system to maintain temperature stability in the thermostatic block within a range as low as ±0.005 K for a minimum of 50 hours when controlling at liquid argon temperature.
Although the CryoSyncTM can work without a PC, it is supplied with software that allows real-time temperature monitoring and recording.
The CryoSyncTM has been developed and patented by Quantachrome Instruments (patent pending).
• Promotes the latest IUPAC recommendations  to avoid issues with N2 quadrupole interactions and provide faster and more reliable argon gas analyses at 87.3 K.
• Synchronizes the need for liquid argon-free analyses with IUPAC-recommended high resolution micropore analyses using argon gas at liquid argon temperature (87.3 K).
• Performs analyses at liquid argon temperature (87.3 K) using less expensive liquid N2 (77.4 K).
• Provides a simple alternative to much costlier cryostatic compressor devices.
• Eliminates the need to measure or account for changes in saturation pressure (Po).
• Holds the adsorption temperature stable with remarkable precision (as good as ±0.005 K).
• Extends analysis duration to 50+ hours as needed for detailed micropore analyses.
• Operates in the temperature range 82-100 K.
• Saves bench space via compact design and multiple unit control from a central location.
• Easily adapts to any commercial gas sorption analyzer able to accept an external temperature control option.