Dynisco continues to expand their polymer evaluation products for laboratory testing with the release of their LMI5500 Series Melt Flow Indexer. Specifically designed for the thermoplastics resin industry, the LMI5500 has an array of features and benefits that range from ground-breaking accuracy to a unified software platform between all laboratory and online production equipment. This LMI5500 is being released at NPE 2018: The Plastics Show, the world’s number 1 trade fair for plastics, scheduled May 7 -11 in Orlando, Florida (Booth W4863).
The LMI5500 brings a new level of ease of use with its easy to clean removable inspection plate, increased access for sample cutting, and revamped intuitive touch screen.
We have seen a shift in today’s markets where each and every processor needs to understand the material being specified and what happens to the rheological properties of the material during their process.
We wanted to take it a step further and make it easy for processors to obtain detailed analytics between lab and production data globally on a single dashboard with the Win10 IoT Core + Single Board Computer (SBC) platform. The LMI5500 melt flow indexer can do this.
John Biagioni, President of Dynisco.
The LMI5500 Series features and benefits include:
- New Capacitive Windows 10 IoT Native Interface
- Capacitive Touch Screen
- Built in WIFI, Ethernet and Bluetooth
- HDMI and multiple USB ports
- Enhanced temperature calibration for ASTM D1238, ISO 1133-1 and -2 Standards
- Increased access to the die for sample cutting with a strategically placed mirror to easily view the die and cutting area
- Easy to clean, removeable inspection mirror and sample plate
- Compact footprint with a 3.5” reduction in depth
- Direct digital scale USB interface for sample weighing
- Digital Encoder for use with B, A/B, and intrinsic viscosity (IV) correlation
- Multiple languages available
Most noteworthy is its gravitational correction feature (provisional patent obtained) which takes into account gravity based on one’s geographical location.
During development and testing we began to realize that gravity is something that is not universal but rather dependent on your location in comparison to the equator.
Realizing this allowed us to create the 5500 in a way that makes it the most accurate melt flow indexer in the world.
John Czazasty, Vice President of Engineering, Dynisco.
For more information on the LMI5500 Series contact us at 508-541-9400.