Particle Size Distribution Analysis: Importance of Good Sample Preparation & Sample Handling
Tue July 14, 2020
2:00 PM GMT 1 hour
Over the last twenty years or so, laser diffraction has emerged as a widely accepted technique for particle size analysis across different segments. The various advantages of the technique like wide dynamic range, high sample throughput, the robustness of results and regulatory acceptancy make it popular in both the R+D environment and QC departments.
Sampling and sample preparation are the most critical part of a particle size analysis method but unfortunately given the least weightage. This part of the webinar series will cover importance of sampling, different sample preparation techniques and how inconsistent sampling techniques might impact results
Interested to learn more? Scroll down to register your interest in our series of Laser Diffraction webinars.
Tamal Mukerjee, Applications Specialist at Malvern Panalytical
Tamal specializes in the Micrometrics product ranges. He is associated with Malven Panalytical for more than 10 years and has closely worked with many of the prominent generic pharmaceuticals in India and south Asia region especially supporting and collaborating in characterizing issues related to API’s and formulation types like OINDPs, OSDs, opthalmics etc.
At present he is based in Delhi, India and involved in various large and strategic pharmaceutical and food accounts.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to sampling for particle size distribution analysis
- Different sample preparation techniques
- Understand how inconsistent sampling techniques might impact results
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in learning about particle size distribution analysis - Anyone interested in learning about the laser diffraction technique
- QC and R+D personnel in pharmaceuticals API and/or formulations
- Anyone interested in understanding the applications and implications of particle size distribution analysis for their academic research as well as process manufacturing
How long is this webinar?
- 30 minutes is the intended speaker time with additional time for addressing queries.
Join our free series of webinars: "Basics to laser diffraction: better data quality and results interpretation
- Basics to laser diffraction. More info
- Software: navigating around the software (introduction). More info
- Good vs bad data: importance of system set up / optimization. More info
- Recognizing good vs bad data and why it’s important to have good sample preparation and sample handling.
- Importance of consistent particle size distribution in XRD powder samples for best quality results. More info
Register for event