By Cameron Chai
Borouge, a manufacturer of plastics solutions, has displayed its newly developed plastic products at Chinaplas 2012. Held at Shanghai, this exhibition is Asia’s largest plastics industry expo.
Various technologies and plastics solutions were demonstrated by Borouge during this event, which was held from April 18 to 21, 2012. These innovative products contribute to sustainability and help meet market requirement challenges on a global basis. Borouge’s line of solutions consist of insulation for cables through which energy is transmitted via power grids; lightweight plastics that enable automotive components to minimize CO2 emissions; polyolefin pipes for improved water and sanitation process; and plastic food packaging for food preservation and extended shelf-life.
Following the construction of Abu Dhabi’s new Innovation Centre and world’s largest integrated polyolefins plant, Borouge has extended the manufacture of innovative plastics solutions.
At the Chinaplas exhibition, Borouge displayed the following plastic solutions:
- RG468MO, a premier high-speed PP random copolymer that offers productivity gain up to 20%.
- BorECO BA212E, which is a high modulus natural colored polypropylene block copolymer (PP-B HM) material, used for creating non pressure sewage and drainage pipes.
- Random Cast PP grade that can be modified to furnish metalizing applications, strong aluminium adhesion and glossy metalized surface finishes.
- BorSafe HE3490-LS-H, a high stress crack resistance PE100 pipe compound that can be used for gas and water supply pressure pipes.
- Homopolymer Cast PP from Borealis Nucleation Technology (BNT) provides improved film stiffness and high isotacticity. It has vapour barrier properties and facilitates film down-gauging.
- Borstar enhanced and bimodal polyethylene blown film, when combined with Borclear polypropylene blown film RB707CF ensures advanced flexible packaging.
- Cross-linkable polyethylene (XLPE) compounds offer high voltage direct current (HVDC) applications.
- Innovative polypropylene compounds reduce car weight and enhance the quality of automotive components.