KBM Affilips supplies a variety of master alloys in many different physical forms, including aluminum-based master alloys, zinc-based master alloys, lead-based master alloys, nickel-based master alloys, and cobalt-based master alloys.
The company’s full range of aluminum-based master alloys are utilized for structure control and composition adjustments in foundry alloys and aluminum wrought alloys. Aluminum Scandium (AlSc) master alloy is one of the products offered by KBM Affilips.
Composition of AlSc2
Aluminum Scandium 2% is utilized for rapid and accurate alloying into a variety of casting type and wrought type aluminum alloy melts. The addition of scandium provides the following benefits in those alloys:
- Supporting the alloy grain refinement during casting and solidification
- Improving weldabilty of aluminum alloys while minimizing hot cracking of welds
- Increasing yield and ultimate tensile strength in 2xxx, 5xxx and 7xxx alloy series
- Increasing recrystallization of heat-treatable aluminum alloys during hot working
KBM Affilips produces AlSc2 master alloys in notched waffle ingot form weighing roughly 7 kg.
Applications of AlSc2
The typical application areas of AlSc2 are:
- Bicycle frames
- Baseball bats
- Golf clubs
- Other demanding applications
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by KBM Affilips.
For more information on this source, please visit KBM Affilips.