Digital Melting Point Meters supplied by PTC Instruments are suitable for measuring the melting point of different substances. It can be utilized for testing melting points of fats, inks, gum, plastics, low melting alloys, resins, tars and waxes.
A melting point can be defined as a temperature at which a material changes its state from solid to liquid at atmospheric pressure.
Digital Melting Point Meters are easily transportable and can be used on any desk or workbench. The unit operates on regular 110V AC 50-60Hz. The indicator light placed close to the on/off switch warns users about the state of the heating element.
The instrument is available in two types namely, Model 333 and Model 334.
The main features of Digital Melting Point Meters are:
- Easy to read LCD digital display
- Press button to turn on digital meter
- Fahrenheit and Celsius display
- Range: 120°F to 500°F or 50°C to 260°C
- Power: 110V AC 50-60Hz or 220VAC (50-60Hz)
- Accuracy of ± 2% of full scale range
- Dual scale
- Stainless steel platen heats to a 400°F temperature gradient across its length
- Shipping weight is 14lb (6.4kg)
- Portable unit weighs only 10lb