The KLA Tencor-20 enables analysis and imaging of surface characteristics on all kinds of samples, namely low reflectivity to high reflectivity, smooth to rough and transparent to opaque based on the proprietary ZDot™ technology.
The KLA Tencor-20 can be customized for specialized measurement requirements using the software and hardware options. Hardware installation is simple and features ease-of-use.
The main features of the KLA Tencor-20 are listed below:
- ZDot™ innovative 3D imaging is the basic format used on KLA Tencor optical profilers. The ZDot™ technology combined with KLA Tencor’s transmissive and dark field illumination schemes as well a range of objectives allows the instrument to handle very tough surfaces.
- The thin film thickness measurement option is based on ZFT reflectometry
- Angstrom level vertical resolution is provided with the ZSI shearing interferometer
- ZIC improved differential interference contrast imaging is ideal for nanometer level surface roughness
- ZX5 vertical scanning interferometry is suitable for measuring nanometer heights over a large field of view
We tried using our interferometer to profile an important transparent sample with low-contrast topopgraphy, but were unable to focus. With the KLA Tencor optical profiler, we were able to completely characterize the sample in a few minutes.
Dr. Antonio J. López, King Juan Carlos University Móstoles, Spain
We use our KLA Tencor nearly every day and rely on it for quick measurements and sample characterization. It suits our needs perfectly. We were especially impressed by KLA Tencors' willingness to customize. We had a unique need, and they jumped at the opportunity to make it work for us. We've also been impressed by the level of customer service we've received.
Rebecca Krone Kramer, Ph.D. Assistant Professor Purdue University, USA