By Gary Thomas
Siemens will demonstrate the benefits offered by its products, systems, technologies and services to the process industry at the Achema 2012 international exhibition, which will be held in Frankfurt/Main, Germany from June 18 to June 22.
The company’s integrated portfolio ensured high efficiency, flexibility and productivity across the entire manufacturing facility and production life cycle, which can help to enhance energy efficiency and plant performance and decrease the marketing time.
At the trade fair, Siemens will exhibit its wide range of manufacturing execution systems, process control, drive technology, analytical systems and process instrumentation. In addition, the company will showcase plant engineering for the complete product and plant lifecycle, ranging from research and development, process analysis and design to modernization, optimization and maintenance. Siemens will also feature an array of new products for the chemical and hygiene sector of the pharmaceutical and food and beverage industries and also for other applications at the show.
Siemens will be presenting Comos 10, new software, to perform plant management functions that ranges from plant engineering to production. Other products to be featured at the show include:
- A clean-room solution along with access control, evacuation and fire protection for research and development.
- A new version of the Sipat process analytical technology (PAT) software for process analysis and design.
- Version 8 of the Simatic PCS 7 process control system with advanced features to perform production and maintenance functions.
- A flexible and modular solution that is based on Simatic PCS 7 for fermenters, which is ideal for the pharmaceutical sector.
- Simple recipe sequence controllers equipped with the Simatic PCS 7 advanced process function (APF) for flexible hybrid processes that is ideal for the chemical industry.