The DSX™ Docking Station can maintain the gas detectors that are essential in keeping workers safe within dangerous environments. The docking station offers three distinct modes to accommodate a range of user needs, with each one offering an out-of-the-box solution. These are:
In standalone mode, the DSX™ Docking Station needs no network configuration or PC and is ready to be used right away. This mode offers the following benefits:
- A simple bump testing process and calibration of instruments on the dock makes the instrument exceptionally easy to use.
- Automatic record keeping is possible via direct USB data storage. This eliminates concerns around storage space or the loss of important compliance data.
- Automatic printing of bump and calibration certificates is possible with a direct connect printer. This provides hardcopy printouts for hot work and confined space entry.
- Automatic instrument wake-up and battery charging features are included as standard.
- The instrument offers auto detection of calibration gas type and expiration date upon cylinder connection.
- With the use of a DSXi activation key, the DSX Standalone can convert to a cloud-connected, fully automated instrument maintenance station. This means there is no need to send anything back for activation - all upgrades can be performed in the field with ease.
When working in cloud-connected mode, the DSX™ Docking Station can provide a robust, automated record storage, maintenance and fleet management solution suitable for a number of different settings. Its features include:
- The ability for bump test and calibration schedules to be tracked and set to be performed automatically, making sure that instruments are always ready to use before the start of a shift.
- Cloud-based data storage provides peace of mind, all the time. It allows for automatic file back-up and easy recovery if there is an incident of unexpected data loss.
- Users can smoothly manage fleet, data and software updates from any web-enabled device.
- Email alerts and notifications deliver information on potential worker exposure and instrument usage, as well as vital instrument maintenance requirements.
- The optional auto calibration gas replenishment program delivers an efficient means of managing calibration gas usage and needs. New cylinders are shipped to the user on demand.
DSX-L Local Server
Using the DSX™ Docking Station in local server mode offers the option of automatically storing data from all connected docking stations behind a secure, corporate firewall. This addresses network and data storage restrictions, according to the users’ preferences. This mode also enables the following features:
- Bump test and calibration schedules can be tracked and also set to be performed automatically, ensuring that instruments are prepared and ready for use, automatically, before the start of a shift.
- Automatic instrument wake-up and battery charging also help to save time.
- Company and application-specific instrument settings can be obtained and applied to instruments from within the company network itself.
- Reports can be configured to provide the data users want, when they want it.
- Calibration gas status indicators can provide warnings, notifying users of the need to order replacement gas before a cylinder is empty.
DSX™ Docking Station
DSX Docking Station for MX6 iBrid
DSX Ventis for pumped and diffusion instruments
DSX Docking Station with Ventis Pro
DSX Docking Station for SafeCore Module