The C-Swift is the latest member of the CMOS detector series from Oxford Instruments NanoAnalysis. It is designed for regular materials analysis as well as high-throughput sample characterization.
C-Swift benefits from many of the features that have rendered Symmetry such a revolutionary EBSD detector including, ofcourse, a customized CMOS sensor designed for EBSD.
- Extreme sensitivity for low-energy and low-current analyses
- Guaranteed indexing speeds of 1000 pps
- Distortion free images
- 622 x 512 pixel EBSPs at 250 pps
- Innovative fibre optic lens system providing unprecedented detector sensitivity
C-Swift is an excellent, high-throughput EBSD detector. Quite similar to the Symmetry detector, C-Swift employs a customized CMOS sensor to offer speed as well as sensitivity, thus assuring high-quality results on even the most difficult materials.
The maximum speed of 1000 pps offered by C-Swift is accomplished with excellent pattern resolution of 156 x 128 pixels. This represents four times the number of pixels when compared to the number used by a comparable CCD-based detector operating at analogous speeds, thus guaranteeing reliable indexing and high hit rates on samples of all types.
When combined with the robust indexing algorithms in the AZtec software, the distortion-free optics allows C-Swift to offer exceptional angular precision down below 0.05°. In the case of applications that require higher quality patterns, C-Swift has the ability to collect 622 x 512 pixel patterns at speeds of up to 250 pps, rendering it best suited for complex multi-phase samples as well as detailed phase analysis.
This detector has been developed for effective and fast sample characterization. From the specialized proximity sensor to the optional integrated forescatter detectors, each component of the system has been developed to enhance the performance and ease of use, and to render EBSD a standard tool in every laboratory.
The C-Swift detector sets a new standard when speed is key:
- Assured indexing speeds of 1000 pps with only 12 nA beam current
- Low distortion optics, guaranteeing an angular precision that is better than 0.05°
- 156 x 128 pixel pattern resolution at maximum speed — four times more pixels compared to a fast CCD detector at comparable speeds
- Seamless EDS integration even at the greatest speeds
- Full resolution (622 x 512) patterns — perfect for detailed phase and deformation analyses
- Specialized proximity sensor, detecting potential collisions before they occur and automatically moving the detector to a safe position
- High sensitivity with an optimized phosphor screen, thus guaranteeing high-quality patterns at low beam energies and low doses — leading to maximum spatial resolution
- Bellows SEM interface, maintaining the microscope’s vacuum integrity
- Five optional integrated forescatter detectors offering full color complementary channeling contrast and atomic number contrast images
- Simple and intuitive detector settings, guaranteeing best results every time