Ultim Extreme® offers best spatial resolution and low-energy performance for EDS in the SEM. Integration of Extreme electronics and windowless construction with optimized geometry and sensor design offers up to 15x greater sensitivity when compared to a traditional large-area SDD.
- Work at energies below 2 kV to deliver sub-10 nm spatial resolution in bulk samples
- Detection and mapping of Li X-rays
- Combine with immersion optics to gather high-sensitivity data at up to 30 kV without any compromise
- Materials characterization at sub-1 kV
Ultim Extreme Silicon Drift Detector is a revolutionary solution for ultra-high-resolution FEG-SEM applications and provides better solutions than that offered by traditional micro- and nanoanalysis.
The Ultim Extreme is a windowless 100 mm2 version of Ultim intended to increase spatial resolution and sensitivity. It employs a radical geometry to optimize imaging as well as EDS performance in ultra-high-resolution FEG-SEMs while working at short working distance and low kV. With the use of Ultim Extreme, EDS resolution reaches that of the SEM.
- Best spatial resolution for SEM-EDS
- Sub-10 nm element characterization in the FEG-SEM
- Most accurate and fastest nano-characterization
- Fast collection, real-time data processing from a bulk sample
- Surface science sensitivity
- Characterize surfaces in the SEM
- Maximum light element sensitivity
- New detectability levels for elements such as nitrogen, lithium and oxygen
- Differentiation of materials at the lowest kV
- Materials characterization of down to 1 kV