Piezo and precision motion control specialist PI (Physik Instrumente) LP exhibits its latest piezomotors, piezo positioners and 6-axis hexapod robots at the MD&M show, Booth 237, October 13-14, Minneapolis Convention Center, Minnesota.
Piezo based products find wide use in medical device applications due to their low power requirements, compactness, fast response and nonmagnetic features. Piezo ceramics can be used in applications from nebulizers (ultrasonics) to positioning devices in MRI (piezo linear and rotary motors) .
More information and a product brochure is available at http://www.pi-medical.net
Advantages of piezo motors and actuators over classical motion control components:
- Sterile / high bake-out temperatures
- No lubricants required,
- Lower power consumption
- Non-magnetic principle (MRI …)
- Vacuum compatible
- Smaller, higher force
- Faster response
- Direct linear motion w/o conversion losses.
Application Examples in Medical Design:
- Piezo motors for micro liquid dispensing
- Piezo ceramics for pumps, nebulizers and atomizers
- Non-Magnetic piezo motors for Imaging / OCT, MRI
- Scanning stages for bio-research microscopy
- Hexapod robots for computer aided surgery