Wyatt Technology Corporation, the world leader in absolute macromolecular characterization instrumentation and software, announced that it will be hosting its 23rd Annual International Light Scattering Colloquium (ILSC) on October 22-23, 2012.
At this year's ILSC Wyatt plans to celebrate its 30th year with its valued customers and ILSC guests. Wyatt will showcase the latest instrumentation and applications across numerous industries such as biotechnology, pharmaceutical and chemical. The event, held at the exclusive Four Seasons Biltmore Resort in Santa Barbara, California, will feature a host of high-level academics and industry leaders and will be accompanied by the Dynamic Light Scattering Focus Meeting on 24th October, 2012.
Since the 1980s, the ILSC has provided Wyatt Technology users with the opportunity to meet and discuss their applications and experiences with light scattering instrumentation. This year, colloquium attendees will have the chance to listen to a number of presentations focussing on key techniques in the industry.
Key speakers and topics at 2012's ILSC will include:
- Dr. Adrian Apetri, Crucell "Life in a Pharmaceutical Company Before and After Light Scattering"
- Dr. Tapan Das, Pfizer Inc. "Predicting Aggregation Trend in Protein Therapeutics: Role of Biophysical Methods"
- Dr. Stefan Fischer, F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd. "Challenges in the Development of Protein Formulations"
- Professor Stephen Harding, University of Nottingham "MALS - A Success Story in Glycopolymer Research"
- Professor Axel Mueller, University of Bayreuth "Self-Organized Multicompartment Nanostructures From New Triblock Terpolymers"
- Professor Andre Nel, University of California Los Angeles "Use of Nanomaterial Libraries and Their Characterization to Understand the Potential Environmental Impact of This Technology"
- Professor Christopher Roberts, University of Delaware "Probing Protein Aggregation Mechanisms and Revisiting Protein-Protein Interactions from 'Low' to 'High' Concentrations"
- Dr. Peter Schuck, National Institutes of Health "Protein Refractive Index Increments and the Structure and Function of Gamma Crystallin"
The Dynamic Light Scattering focus meeting, held as an additional day after the ILSC event, will provide Wyatt's DLS system users with the perfect opportunity to exchange their experiences with the technology. Structured as a variety of plenary talks presented by experts in the field, each followed by a round-table discussion, the meeting will explore a number of different topics. Expert speakers will include Ms. Stephanie Cope (Arizona State University), Dr. Youngchang Kim (Argonne National Laboratory) Professor Andrew MacKay (University of Southern California), Dr. Vladimir Razinkov (Amgen Inc) and Dr. Jingtao Zhang (Merck & Co. Inc.)
To sign up now contact Lindsey East at 805-681-9009 ext.210 or [email protected] to reserve your place. Alternatively, you can register online via http://www.wyatt.com/component/option,com_jumi/Itemid,120/fileid,12/#
For more information on Wyatt Technology's MALS instruments and software, please visit www.wyatt.com or email [email protected]