Topics include additive manufacturing, restricted substances, and materials education.
Granta Design today announced guest speakers and topics for a wide-ranging series of web seminars related to materials information for engineering enterprises and university-level educators.
Webinars over the next two months will offer insights into how enterprises can better manage and use vital materials information, and provide inspirational ideas to enhance the teaching of materials in the engineering curriculum.
Join Boeing and Granta on May 24 for ‘Experiences in restricted substance risk management’, and find out how manufacturing enterprises are meeting the challenges posed by restricted substances at every level, from executives concerned with corporate liability, to engineers making practical materials choices.
On May 31, Senvol will speak on ‘Selecting and comparing industrial Additive Manufacturing Machines & Materials with Senvol Database’ – the database is the first and most comprehensive for industrial additive manufacturing machines and materials, and will be available through Granta software. Guest speakers from Matériautech Network (from France), Force Technology (from Denmark), and Continuum Blue (from UK) will join us for other webinars.
Materials educators can discover how to teach transferable skills that will be useful in industry, such as how to select the most suitable manufacturing process. This is highly dependent on the materials choice, economics, the quality you want to achieve, and what the process does, and these key factors will all be explored in the ‘Streamlined Process Selection Case Studies’ webinar on May 19.
The webinars in English, French and German, provide an accessible forum to learn from Granta experts and other leaders in the field, and they include an interactive Q&A session. See more details, including registration information, in Granta’s events calendar.
The full webinar program is:
- Apr 28, Estimating part cost and predicting properties of hybrid materials (for Materials Educators)
- May 4, Appréhender et maîtriser le Multi-Sourcing matériaux – avec un représantant de Matériautech Network (French language)
- May 11, Werkstoffinformationen, CAE-Anwendungen und Prozesse unterstützen (German language)
- May 18, Minimizing risk when selecting or changing materials – with guest speaker from Continuum Blue
- May 19, Verbesserung der Produkt-Profitabilität durch Werkstoffsubstitution (German language)
- May 19, Streamlined Process Selection Case Studies (for Materials Educators)
- May 24, Experiences in restricted substance risk management – with guest speaker from Boeing
- May 31, Selecting and comparing industrial Additive Manufacturing Machines & Materials with Senvol Database – with guest speaker from Senvol
- June 2, Materials data at your fingertips
- June 2, Introduction to Materials – Service Teaching (for Materials Educators)
- June 8, Bio-based materials and composites – with guest speaker from Force Technology
- June 16, Material Intelligence for PLM and CAD