Precision positioning systems industry leader PI (Physik Instrumente) has released a new 6-axis servo motor controller – the C-884.6DC. Most modern precision motion systems are driven by servo motors, because they provide high torque, fast acceleration, smooth motion with a wide dynamic speed range, and fast start stop performance.
Versatile, Compact Motion Controller
PI’s compact C-884 DC motion controller can run brushless servo motors and traditional DC motors with closed loop feedback provided by incremental encoders and absolute encoders (BiSS protocol). USB, TCP/IP and RS-232 interfaces are standard for command communication. Additional interfaces such as programmable analog and digital I/O lines, an SPI display port and joystick port are also included.
The dual-core architecture provides for increased performance and flexibility by separating command processing and position servo control functions.
Features and Benefits
- Cost efficient 6-Axis / 4-Axis PID precision servo motor controller
- Position feedback: Incremental and absolute-measuring encoders (no referencing)
- Motor types: Brushless servo motors and traditional DC motors
- Trapezoidal velocity profile
- Point-to-point motion, vector motion, user-definable trajectories
- Powerful Python macro command language, nonvolatile storage for stand-alone operation
- Data recorder for detailed motion system analysis
- ID chip detection for fast start-up
- Extensive software support, e.g., for LabVIEW, MATLAB, C, C++, C#, VB.NET, Python
Specifications, Datasheet, More Information