The Low Temperature Cooler available from PolyScience improves and simplifies low-temperature laboratory work. With the help of this product, liquids can be cooled down to -100°C temperatures instantly and cost-effectively. The cooler is available in immersion probe and flow-through versions.
The flow-through style coolers provide a low-cost option to tap water cooling of heated circulating baths when instant cool-downs at or near ambient temperature is required. They also improve the cooling capacity of refrigerated circulators and extend the temperature range of non-refrigerated circulators to less than the ambient temperature.
Immersion probe style coolers are suitable for trapping and Dewar-type applications and cut down the cost of using liquid nitrogen or dry ice. In addition, a flexible hose allows users to place the cooling probe easily.
The product features of the Low Temperature Cooler are:
- Improves and simplifies laboratory work
- Provides instant and cost-effective cooling of liquids down to -100°C temperatures
- Improves cooling capacity of refrigerated circulators; extends temperature range of non-refrigerated circulators to below ambient temperatures
- Eliminates the use of liquid nitrogen or dry ice
- Available in immersion probe and flow-through styles
The applications of the Low Temperature Coolers are:
- Cooling of exothermic reactions
- Freeze drying
- Freeze point determinations
- Impact testing
- Vapor and solvent trapping