These furnaces are designed for light to medium duty applications where rapid thermal response is a primary requirement.
Powerful, free radiating coiled wire elements are held firmly in the sides and roof of the chamber, which are constructed from rigidised low thermal mass insulation. A hard, dust-free, ceramic hearth provides a robust base for the furnace charge. This combination of high power and low thermal mass gives a heat up time from ambient to 1100°C in as little as 10 minutes, whilst rapid cooling can be induced by opening the furnace door during cool down. Other performance criteria are not compromised, with temperature uniformity, efficiency and control precision remaining excellent.
Chamber sizes are 5, 13 and 23 litres with maximum temperatures of 1100°C and 1200°C.
- Maximum operating temperatures of 1100°C or 1200°C
- Chamber capacities of 5, 13 or 23 litres
- Powerful free radiating coiled wire elements on both sides and ceiling of the chamber ensure good thermal uniformity
- Uses rigidised low thermal mass insulation to ensure rapid heating
- Heats up to operating temperature in a quarter of the time of traditional "slab" designs
- Hard ceramic hearth provides robust base, and can be replaced in the event of spillage
- Vertical counter-balanced door keeps hot door insulation away from operator
- Postive break door safety switch isolates chamber from power supply, when the door is opened
- Double skinned construction allows convection air flow to cool the outer case, to conform to EN61010 safety standard
- Choice of PID controller or programmers
- Ideal for light to medium duty applications requiring good thermal response
- Applications in general industry include, ferrous metal heat treatments; annealing, hardening, tempering, stress relieving, and simulation of a larger industrial process, on a laboratory scale
- Applications in quality control include, testing of component materials or finished products
- Applications in tool making and maintenance include, heat treatment of metal tools and tool steels
- Applications in coatings manufacturing include, testing coatings for resistance to fire, and longevity testing of finished coatings